Chapter 5: A certain redheaded gamer

The other girl's name was Raine, she wouldn't tell me why she was under Mello's bed. But that's okay, I probably sounded really creepy and stalkerish to her, but she didn't think so. Haha, that was good. She had often been busy, with her friends and since I refused to come out of my room, in case Mello found me, it was rather hard to see each other. But we spoke everyday. We even planned many pranks that we hoped to pull on Near soon.

It had been a few days now. By all means I had avoided Mello, I still feared for my life. And in advance I had written my will, that stated I would give all my games to the homeless unicorns of the world. 

They hadn't found the bugs and cameras..or at least Mello hadn't. I'm pretty sure that Matt had though, being the tech genius that he was.

I was able to take the bugs and monitors out of their room when both of them had a test. I now used them to monitor the area outside my room. Just in case Mello decided to break down my door. I was pretty sure he was still intent of killing me. Uh oh, those kids were right, I was gonna die.

-a few days later-

I was walking out of maths, one of the few subjects that I didn't have with Mello or Matt. Which was good, at least I didn't have to practically run out of the room every time it ended.

Then I realised I had left all of my stuff back in my room, so I raced back to my room. But when I was turning the corner I bumped into a certain redheaded gamer.

Oh God please help me now! I desperately thought.

"Oh, Hi. Have I seen you somewhere before?" I said nervously.

"Don't mess with me. What were you doing in my room?"

"Umm could we talk about this somewhere else, I'm kinda worried that Mello will turn up and it'll end up with me dead."

With that, he grabbed my arm and pulled me along the hall and into the linen cupboard. Which was quite spacious. Looks like I'll be missing my next subject. (Not in the way you're thinking, you dirty minded people)

"Okay, I better explain." I said looking at the ground guiltily.

"Yeah, you'd better."

And I explained how I was really bored and I just wanted to see what games he played. And I wasn't a creepy stalker or anything. I even told him about Raine. And how I had taken the cameras and bugs out.

Thankfully he seemed understanding. Well, as understanding as you can get if someone breaks into your room and sets up cameras and bugs.

"Please don't kill me! Oh and I owe you big time. Thank you for saving me!"

I felt really guilty as I looked at the bruises on his face, I put my head in my hands and almost cried. I tried not to, but i felt so bad. Urgh, everything I do ends in a disaster, I thought to myself, even the homeless unicorns didn't want to hang out with me!

But then suddenly I felt a pair of arms around me, it took me a second to process what was happening. Matt was hugging me? You mean, he actually forgave me? Wow!

"I'm sorry, please don't hate me" I half sobbed. I hated how people got hurt because of me, it brought back too many bad memories. I couldn't let anyone get hurt because of me, and I promised I wouldn't let Matt get hurt because of me again or get hurt in any manner.. ever.

"It's okay" He said.

And with that we started to hang out even more, I told Raine and she sometimes hung out with us too. Mello didn't know about it though, I think we needed to wait a little longer before telling him.