Chapter 34: I Have The Monopoly Money!

Hello darlings!! Okay so new chapter, I hope you like!! Sorry for not uploading lately but I've been a bit busy <3 Anyways, enjoy :)

______________________________________________

Link's POV

We were on our way to Japan! I kept trying to tell myself that this was serious and we needed to catch Kira but I couldn't help acting like it was a holiday...

Mello was staying in America for a few more days and then he would join Matt and I in Japan. As most of the remaining SPK members were now positioned over there and Near would be too.

I wonder if I'll see Ryuk.... doubtful.

To Matt's delight, Mello was able to use some money that he had been able to save from when he was in the Mafia to get Matt's car transported over. 

I lay on the floor, gazing blankly at the television, in our base. Matt sat on the couch off to my left staring at multiple laptop screens. The images flickered by on the screen but I paid no attention to them. It was probably just another reailty show... 

I changed the channel to the one with world news. Hoping to find out some new insight on Kira. The usual was just coming up, various reports in favour of Kira, a small majority of them being protests against Kira. Suddenly one particular report caught my attention.

I sat up abruptly. "Matt!! Come look at this!" I called out while prompting myself up on my elbow.

The current report was saying that there was a large mob of rioters outside of the SPK headquarters, trying to storm the place. The presenter from the stupid show 'Kira's Kingdom', was in a helicopter, directing the mob.

I bet Kira wants to make Near come out in public so he can kill him or something. Hmm that wouldn't be very good. Even if it is that Sheep.

Suddenly the presenter was distracted and there were cries of excitement from the mob. The cameras directed their view to the window. There was money coming out of it.

"Is Near throwing money out the window?" I asked in confusion.

"I think so. It looks like he's using L's fortune... Idiot sheep." Matt replied as both of us watched intently at the unfolding situation.

"But that's like so much money!! Gosh there's even more of it! Why doesn't he just throw monopoly money out..... oh wait I stole all his monopoly money.."

"Why would you steal monopoly money?" 

"I have my reasons!" I answered as I got up and quickly ran to where I store my stuff. Rumaging through an old box I found what I was looking for. A small tin box.

I ran back over to where Matt sat and opened the box. Inside was layers and layers of monopoly money.

"You do realise you can't buy anything with Monopoly money, right?" Matt asked staring at the wads of fake money.

"Of course!! I'm not an idiot!" I said in my defense.

"Oookay then..." Matt said, obviously confused as to why I would have so much Monopoly money. Silly billy, I have very good reasons!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 I sat a little away from Mello and Matt. Mello was on the phone to that woman back in the SPK, her name was…. Halle Linder? I heard she was that stupid 'Lady' Takada's bodyguard. 

I never turned on the television anymore because it was just filled with pro-Kira related shows. I sickened me to the core, I couldn't stand to watch that stuff.