Chapter 35: Fluffy! Sparkle! ...Shadow

Okay so new chapter YAY! I don't expect there to be that many chapters left of this story ;( Anyways I hope you like this chapter and again thank you all for reading this, it means loads to me! 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Link's POV

I stood staring at the young shinigami before me, it turned out very well. At least it wasn't like that time I got distracted while creating one..... It ended up with only half a shinigami. I laughed to myself at the thought of it.

NOTE TO SELF: Half a shinigami is rather bothersome, and useless.

I flopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "Hello, your name is Fluffy!" I finally said, naming him. Not bothered to look up for I could see his dark purple form from the corner of my eye.

"My name is Kage." He said stoic and unmoving. Kage huh? That means Shadow, that's not very fitting. I have a better name for him.

"Nah I think Kagayaki suits you better!" I announced while waving my arms around happily. I sat up and smiled at him, white hair flowing around me, "It means Sparkle!" 

"No." He glared at me for giving him such names. They're all like this at the start.

"Yes! It's a great name!" I said in my defence. Throwing my arms around wildly in an attempt to make a point. 

He just ignored me and spread his large, spider-like wings to their full length. He looked up through the roof, towards the sky.

"Oh right, you have to get your Death Note from the King. Hurry back, or else!" I said, adding the warning in at the end. Kage just looked at me funnily.

NOTE TO SELF: Threatening a shinigami isn't that effective. 

He was about to take off when I suddenly interrupted. "WAIT! Do you want a cookie?" I asked holding out half of a cookie that I had been eating. Kage eyed the cookie suspiciously before shaking his head. Maybe later...

He took off, somewhat nervously and hesitant, through the roof. I watched him fly upwards from my window until he was out of sight. If I was him I would be the same, going to see the Old Man for the first time sure would be nerve racking.

I lay back down on the bed lazily when I suddenly heard a knock at the door. I groaned in annoyance and sat back up reluctantly.

My appearance had turned back to it's normal form so I walked over to the door, opening it. 

Matt stood on the other side. I let him in and then lay back on the bed, I was sure worn out from my previous task.

"I heard you talking to someone, or was it just you being crazy?" He said chuckling as he pulled off his goggles. 

"Yeah, just talking to myself as usual!" I replied easily. I hated lying to him, keeping the truth from him. But it was necessary. I could feel the guilt already building up inside me, I had kept so much from him. It was tearing me apart, but there was no other way.

He kissed my lips softly before announcing that he was going to go play some games, as Mello had already went to sleep. "Wanna come play two player with me?" He asked with that lopsided grin that I loved.

I shook my head, rolling onto my side. I was too exhausted for that. "Maybe later…"

Matt walked out and soon after I heard the sounds of his video game from the other room.

~a few hours later~

I shut my laptop closed hurriedly and made my way out of the room. Matt was no where to be seen. I assumed he was outside, smoking, so that's where I was headed.