Chapter 21

A/N

This chapter contains SOME sexual comment, it isn't graphic or very deep, but it's there. If you want to skip that then that's fine. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable while reading, i felt very uncomfortable writing it. My friend had a good laugh at that... Okay anyway, enjoy the chapter!

His father had been a fool, Corden is certain of that. Not only did his father marry such a pitiful woman but he had one of the most valuable weapons at his disposal and he refused to use her. Corden's father had been too kind to Amaya and in the end it cost him his life. The war was going nowhere; Amaya's gifts were developing rapidly. Corden attempted reason with his father but still the foolish man refused to listen. In the beginning he only cared for Amaya's gifts but as she grew he began to love her. Love has proven time and time again to be a dangerous thing; it can be the very thing that brings about your downfall.

Ryker is a powerful being Corden cannot deny that. However his weakness is Amaya, and he is her weakness. He can use their feelings for one another to bring them both down.

Amaya has most likely seen his plans, so Corden is constantly prepared. He isn't foolish enough to believe he can keep things hidden at a time like this. Amaya is most likely watching him very closely, but then again she must know that he is aware she is watching. Neither side can truly be fully prepared. Amaya and Ryker may have the upper hand, but Corden has a few tricks of his own.

At that moment the witch Glenda enters the throne room. The woman is quite lovely with her dark hair and slim figure. Her lips are a dark red the colour of the blood in his glass. Glenda walks with an attitude similar to his own, one that suggests great power and demands respect.

Others cower away from him or speak to him at a distance but not this witch. Glenda walks up to him naturally she places her hand on his face and tilts his head up. He stares into her alluring eyes. He feels no love for this woman but her body is something to be appreciated. Glenda cannot fear Corden because as they both know he needs her. She is the only person who can successfully reincarnate Amaya's soul into the child the two will have together.

Once she gives birth Corden will have no more use for her. Glenda presses her smooth lips to his own in a teasing kiss. His hands begin to travel down her body, gliding over her soft clothing. The dress she wears is ripped in places, exposing several places of smooth skin. It's clear she did this intentionally. Her long hair tickles his skin as she leans down to his ear.

"It's nearly time," she purrs in a dark voice. Her words are spoken sweet, but there is a twisted smile upon her blood coloured lips.

The two must conceive a child first, so Amaya's spirit has somewhere to go. Glenda cups his face in her hands. The two connect their lips once more. They do not love each other, Ryker is using her and although he is not aware of it Glenda is using him as well.

In one quick movement Corden has Glenda pinned against the far stone wall. They kiss more deeply, more hungrily. Their hands travel along the other's body, exploring every inch of their partner. Glenda pulls her mouth away from Corden's to speak.

"Can we take this somewhere more private?" She asks as she runs her fingers through his hair. Corden doesn't respond verbally, he simply picks her up and carries her into his room.

Glenda smirks though Corden cannot see it. Everything is going according to her plan, just as things normally do. Glenda is used to getting what she desires, she doesn't desire Corden but he needs to play his part in her plan.

The room door shut with a loud bang behind the two.

Glenda and Corden lay beside one another in bed. Their time together wasn't incredible but it wasn't horrible. Beforehand Glenda had casted a spell upon the two, Corden was aware of this. It would insure she would become pregnant so the two would not have to repeat this night again.

Glenda slowly sits up. She brushes her long hair behind her ears. "Your plan is to use me for the next nine months and then kill me, is that correct?" Glenda asks without looking towards him.

"Are you shocked by this?" Corden asks as he stretches his arms out.

Glenda grabs the bottle of wine resting on the nightstand. She pours him a glass and hands it to Corden. Before the cup leaves her hands she whispers the words of a spell softly. "I'm sorry your plans have been ruined," Glenda says as she stands.

"What are you talking about witch?" Corden asks coldly.

"My spell will make quick work of you, but don't worry just yet. My plan isn't to kill you, that will be left up to Ryker. You will simply be used as," She pauses for a moment to think. "Bait," Corden opens his mouth to ask her- no to demand her to explain herself but then he feels it.

His muscles lock into place, each breath he takes feels like more weights are being placed over his chest. His mouth locks shut as do his eyes.

"It's about time you shut up for once," Glenda sighs. She walks over towards his unmoving body and lightly cups his face as she had done earlier. "You will remain this way until I need use of you again to kill Ryker and your sister. Until then," She slides her hand down his face. "Have a good night," She walks towards the door and turns to face him as she leaves. "Thanks for the castle."

Glenda has the power to block Amaya's gift from seeing what she had just done. It will make a lovely surprise for both her and Ryker.

Glenda leaves the room. She locks the door with a spell before turning her back to it and walks down the hall. She enters the throne room and approaches the throne Corden sat in earlier that evening. With a satisfied smile.