Chapter 2

King Ryker

The King sits atop his throne, feeling quite pleased with himself and his deceptive, genius plans. Never would that disgraceful King Corden think that his insightful weapon would be used against him. Ryker leans back, enjoying this small victory. As far as he can tell, his individual decisions are not being watched as closely as those of his army and leaders. Ryker recalls precisely who had gotten the information, and how the person did so.

A young man by the name of Alex has been brought into his throne room. He has been undercover for the king for quite some time now. Alex has apparently grown close enough to the Princess and she has trusted him greatly, as has her brother. It has been revealed to Alex that the young female has the ability to see things - she is aware of what will happen before it does. For the longest time now the King has wondered how he has been outsmarted by someone centuries younger than him, now he has his answer.

The young Princess Amaya is the key to turning the tables not just on this war, but on every enemy the King faces. He can bring down every leader, every monarch, any being who dares stand in his way. As soon as that girl is within his grasp, the King will be unstoppable. It won't be much longer until he has her, Ryker is certain about that.

When Alex had informed him of what he knew of his royal enemies, the King was astounded. A gift like that hasn't been heard of in a very long time... He stops the memories that threaten to pollute his mind. Ryker, who was among the first vampires, has only ever known of one person who possessed such a gift, and she had died long ago. For a moment Ryker is distracted by her memory, no matter how hard he tries to stop her image from clouding his mind - her long dark hair that flowed like a waterfall down her back, her pale crystal eyes, and her light pink lips. He smiled to himself, the warm feeling that always attempts to melt the icy wall surrounding his heart flares up again. He shoves her memory into the corner of his mind. The heat fades, and the ice remains around his heart.

She is gone, wrongfully so, but he is not. He cannot show weakness or compassion. Ultimately that is what led to her downfall. Even after hundreds of years, hearing her name still haunts his heart. Losing her once is what made him so cruel. Losing her time and time again is what made him a monster.

Instead of thinking of her, he forces his thoughts to return to his master plan. His army would attack the second largest city in that pathetic Kingdom of theirs. While most of Corden's solders and guards are distracted with the ongoing battle, Ryker will make his move on obtaining the Princess. King Ryker smirks, clearly confident in his plan, and his ability to capture what he has his eyes set upon. Ryker is quite used to getting what he desires, this girl and her magic will be no exception. Once the King wants something, it's as good as his.

There is always slight worry that the Princess may predict what the King has been plotting, but he will need to take that possibility.

"I require blood," The King says firmly. A human girl is quickly brought before him. Chains are wrapped tightly around her wrists. Her hair is a golden color, her eyes a light green. She is forced to her knees before him. She stares up at him with understandable fear. He chuckles darkly as he slowly leans down to her. His chilling fingers brush her long hair away from her neck. She whimpers in fear.

His cold breath tickles her neck. She shivers in terror. "Please," She pleads softly. He enjoys hearing her beg for her life, it's pointless of course but it still brings him entertainment.

"You should be thanking me," The King says as he presses a soft kiss to her neck. "At least this way you'll remain young forever, you'll never grow old, your beauty won't be withered by the age of time. Instead, I'll be taking it all right here... Thank me for saving you the painful existence of a pathetic human life..." The King smirks as he exposes his fangs.