Chapter 4

Though the King did not expect the Princess to awaken on the long travel back to his castle, he isn't about to take any chances. He would make sure she is secure in his grasp. Ryker feels calm with darkness surrounding him, he feels most powerful at this time.

His thoughts begin to drift back to the Princess, Amaya. There is no question of who she is, and now that he has found her, the familiar pull to her, that warmth that always arose when near her, is coursing through his veins. He had been cursed to live as an immortal, while his love was to live several lives. He would watch her die, always a young death. Whenever she was brought into the world, he would know. It feels like an eternity since he has sensed her presence, but truthfully it has been nearly eighteen years.

The world has done whatever it can to keep the two apart, but he has beaten its forces. She may hate him, but she will never leave him, she cannot escape him. His original plan of using her for her gift still remains, but now he has decided that torture may not be needed.

He recalls the fear in her eyes as she stared at him. In the past, his love would always regain her memories at around this time. Would it be different this time around? Could all of the things they've gone through, all of the hardships they have faced, all of the love they shared, truly be gone from her mind and from her heart? He doesn't believe so. One thing is different in her new life. His love was always born as a human. This time she is a vampire, just like himself.

However, something seems off about the girl, her blood is like nothing he has ever sensed, his powers overpowered her. The stronger a vampire is, the harder it is to use vampire magic on them. He had not been sure his powers would work on the girl, but she had fallen under his powers and was forced into a deep slumber. Her soul is as old as his, so why was it not harder? That thought is only now coming to his mind.

Is she a mere human after all? No, of course she isn't. No vampire would be able to withstand the smell of her blood for all of these years; they would probably have killed her. Even the mighty King is finding it hard to resist her blood.

If she is not a vampire like himself, and she is not an ordinary human, what could she possibly be? Right now King Ryker cannot be certain, and for the time being his questions will remain unanswered. The King vows to himself that he will uncover the mystery that surrounds this girl.

The sun is rising as they near his castle. The sky is beginning to fill with the soft colors of sunrise. Ryker recalls how much his love enjoyed these moments of beauty. She would awaken early to watch the sun rise, welcoming the day. She would then bid it farewell as it faded away, and night took its place. She always seemed to find beauty in everything, thinking of this almost causes the King to smile, but he doesn't.

When a Vampire uses magic on a human, they remain under the Vampire's power until the Vampire releases them from their spell. Amaya is beginning to awaken; somehow the bounds of his spell cannot hold her. This proves to him even more that she is not a mere human woman. Vampires cannot be forever withheld by another's magic. The vampire's strength has some claim of how long the spell will last; the most common lasting of a vampire put under another's spell is a few hours. Amaya has shown the same resistance to spells as a normal vampire.

Once again the King wonders how this can be possible.  Ryker doesn't seem a point in forcing her into sleep again. He had his suspicions about her awakening before he reached his castle. His inside source, the one who told him of her gift mentioned that she was a bit off. Of course he noticed her alluring scent as well. He had informed the King that he had never once seen the Princess run at full vampire speed, or use her strength. He also recalled to the King a time where he snuck up on the girl, if she were truly a Vampire, wouldn't she had heard him coming?