Chapter 17

Ryker could feel Amaya's unease. Ever since their curse began he has always been able to tell when any negative emotion plagued her, he could tell when she needed him. Now is one of those times when he should be by her side, but he can also tell Amaya wishes to be alone. Ryker knows her well enough to understand that she will come forth with whatever it is she needs to say when she is prepared to say it, and not a moment sooner.

Ryker recalls the fury on Corden's face that day he stormed from Ryker's castle, promising dark things in the near future. The only weapon Corden truly has against Ryker was Amaya, but he has lost that advantage. Ryker's army is larger, stronger, and powerful. Corden stands no chance against him now.

Corden isn't a complete fool; Ryker is wise enough to know when to be wary of an enemy. He won't treat Corden as if he poses no threat to him, he could be planning anything. Maybe that is what Amaya is upset over, could she have had a vision of the future? What has she see?

Perhaps it would be wise for Ryker's land to strike before Corden is presented with the opportunity to attack Ryker's Kingdom once more. Corden has no plans to leave Yuivaria in ruins; he has planned to simply extend his Kingdom, combining the two into one. Now, he is letting Amaya rule her homeland, he won't leave a complete mess for her to clean up. He will do his best to avoid killing innocent civilians, but war always has casualties.

Sighing Ryker rises to his feet. He commands a servant to bring himself and Amaya some hot tea and a pastry of some sort. He walks down the halls quickly, not waiting for the servant to respond. He knocks upon Amaya's door before entering the room.

Amaya is seated on her balcony, her gaze fixed on the stretching lands before her. He leave the door open a crack so the servant will be able to push it open easily when he arrives. Ryker quietly closes the distance between himself and Amaya, lowering himself to sit beside her when he steps on the balcony.

Amaya leans her head against him as he places an arm around her. He lets out a small sigh as he looks down at her. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks her softly.

Amaya merely shakes her head as a response. He doesn't press her further, she'll tell him when she feels ready. So much has shifted between the two of them. Days before, Ryker would have forced her to tell him every detail of her vision, but now he doesn't pressure her.

The servant arrives with their tea and a small assortment of pastries. Amaya's face brightens at the sight of the treat. The servant boy wordlessly places the items on the floor near the two, before quickly slipping out of the room.

Amaya is quick to reach forward and grasp one of the soft pastries. Ryker chooses to drink from his glass of tea instead, letting Amaya have her beloved pastries. Ryker sets him cup down as a question springs to his mind. "Amaya," He says grabbing her attention. "Which memories have you regained?"

Amaya slowly chews the piece of pastry in her mouth and then swallows. "I have seen some important ones... I saw how this whole curse began, I saw my second life Hadley, I saw my brother kill me as Merayya... with our baby," She stumbles over the words. "But aside from those I have gotten simpler memories. For instance I remember making the necklace, I remembered where the small indoor garden is because I loved it before, I remember small things we did together... and it's because of all that I'm remembering and all that I feel now, that I stopped hating you."

Ryker listens to her speak, and all though the two have grown closer it is nice to hear her say she no longer despises him. "I never hated you," He says after a moment's pause. "I apologize for making you hate me for a small amount of time."

"Did I ever hate you in our past lives?" Amaya asks looking up towards him questioningly.

Ryker chuckles at her question. "I wouldn't say you hated me, but there have been times where I've annoyed or frustrated you." Amaya giggles at this as well.

"I can see that happening," She smirks.

"I can as well."

The two lapse into silence, enjoying this peaceful moment. However Amaya's face never truly relaxes as it should and he can tell something is bothering her. He looks upon her with concern, but she speaks before he has the chance to.

"I'm ready to tell you what I saw now," She finally says as she picks up her cup of tea.

---------

Corden smirks as he looks on with satisfaction. His army has been training harder as they prepare for the attack on ShadowBrook. He briefly considers who he should kill first, Ryker or Amaya. He has watched her die several times, should she have to endure that pain for once? Should Ryker know how it feels to die?

"My King," Someone says from behind him. Corden spins around sharply, startling the guard that dares interrupt his thoughts. "What is it?" He snarls.

"The witch you have requested has arrived, sir."

Corden smirks and he turns back to face his army. "Good," He says and motions for the guard to leave him. He hears the soft footsteps behind him, but doesn't turn as the witch approaches. "What is your name, witch?" Corden asks in a pleasant tone.

"Glenda," An overly sweet voice speaks from a few feet behind him. It's clearly a fake tone, a mask to hide the wicked woman that hides beneath a kind smile.

"Well Glenda, your help is needed... shall we discuss terms?"

This Witch can give Corden the power her needs to transfer Amaya's soul into another life, into a new life, where she will remember nothing of this ordeal. "You come from a powerful line of those who are masters in witchcraft," Her blood has been traces back to the witch who began this curse; Amaya's mother was related to that witch somehow.

"That is correct," Glenda states smugly.

"Tell me Glenda," Corden says as he turns to face the woman. "Have you ever heard of a little spell that can transfer souls?"