Chapter 14

When the bell finally rang for the end of lessons I was already halfway out the door. What could Tristan  have planned for us? I reach my locker and completely cleaned it out. I put everything in my bag pack and I am out the door. I can see Tristan already waiting on his motorcycle. "Hey."

Tristan turns and a smile forms on his face. "Hey, what took you so long?"

"I had to clear up my locker since us seniors are done with this little hell hole." He starts laughing. His laugh is melodious, perfect in every meaning of the word but here I am crying over Alex.

"Don't you think its a bit of an exaggeration." I shake my head in disapproval. At this school I felt what fear was, looking over my shoulder praying I don't see Trevor, trying to just blend in and being an outcast at school. I felt all that at this school.

I decide to just change the topic. "Where is your bag?''

"I cleaned out my locker yesterday when the original announcement was made?'' He gets on his bike and I follow suit.

"If you told me that yesterday I would have gone out of my funk for sure. " I say with a grin on my face and put on the helmet and put my hands around him. "You know the deal, get this baby as fast as you can."
He nods and I could feel the adrenaline return but still where was he taking me. Should have asked, genius.

He takes me to a part of town I had last seen ages ago. He stops the bike and get off and he does the same. ''Welcome to the one places I loved when I was a kid, roller skating rink." We had a roller skating rink around here, how come I never heard of it. He takes my hand and leads me to the door.  The decor is amazing. We can get our roller skates just as we enter the rink. The area it self was gigantic and the edges had bars for learners. He takes skates for both of us and leads me to the benches which were close to the area they sold all types of drinks, non alcoholic of course.

"I have a confession to make," I start playing around with my fingers. "Well I don't know how to roller skate never learnt." He starts laughing and I punch him on the shoulder. "Its not funny."

He continues laughing. "You should have seen yourself you looked like a kid caught stealing sugar or something." I start pouting and his laughs mellow down. "I will teach you then, new experiences right." I nod and take his hand as he leads into the skating rink. I could barely move my feet he was just rolling me into the arena. I try to push my foot forward but I almost lose my balance. I would have fallen on my butt if Tristan hadn't kept me close and steadied me. "What's your rush, I will teach you.'' I nod and kind of feel like I am a kid being scolded.

He stands by my side and tells me to slowly move my foot forward and this time I don't lose my balance. And I did the same with the other leg and move myself forward. Slowly I am moving myself forward he let's go of my hand and I keep moving myself forward. "I am doing it, i am doing it. I am roller skating." He starts smiling and in the middle of my triumph moment I lose my balance and fall on my butt. I give him an angry look and he just gives me an innocent look and gives me a hand. "Thanks for letting me fall." I start rubbing my butt and he starts laughing, i quickly remove my hand and look down a blush forming on my face. Once more i try to move forward this time i don't fall. I start moving and slowly gain speed and a little confidence.

I feel exhausted and move towards the area with drinks and buy some water and sit down watching him do his thing. He moves so elegantly and with skill, so effortlessly its amazing. He notices me staring and winks in my direction which causes me to smile. ''Is that your boyfriend?'' Some girl taps on my shoulder and i turn to face her.

I wanted to say no but i knew we were giving each other a chance. "Not yet. We going just going on a date. Getting to know each other."

The girl nods, ''You lucky. If you don't work out tell him I am available." She then walks away. How can she just say that, where is the dignity.

I just shrug it off and go back to the arena. This time its a lot easier to establish and maintain my balance, he comes towards me and takes me by the hand and we skate side by side. He slowly increases the speed and I give him a worried look. "Trust me.'' I nod. I really trust him, he could have taken advantage of me when I was drunk but he didn't. He had lots of chances but wants to win my heart fair and square and that's honorable. He goes behind me and holds my waist and then increases his speed. My heart is racing at this point but I can't help but smile. Slowly he slows down and finally comes to a halt. "I thought you deserved to know how it feels to move as fast as me." He says with a smirk and then he leads us to the benches and i remove my skate and my feet never felt so free.

"So do you have plans for the holiday." I shake my head. I had plans to sleep through out the holiday. "Great. Want to come join me at the beach house for the holiday."

"I would love to. I will ask my parents but i am sure they have no problem with it." He smiles and leads me back to the bike. This holiday will be fun.