Chapter 9

Well with the thoughts of liking him floating through my head. Should I tell him that I like him. No way it will ruin our friendship. How will I even face him afterwards if he doesn't like me. Will we act the same obviously not, it will crush our friendship. I will just try and keep them in till they just wither and die. "Hey can you hear me or have I been talking to myself."

I am pulled out of my train of thought. "Sorry I kind of blanked out. What were you saying?"

"I was asking you if you think Caitlin will get a date here." I just roll my eyes Caitlin was a hottie with brains to match. She could get a date a few minutes before the whole prom thing even starts. Her beautiful hazel eyes, olivine skin and lean but with amazing curves. Anything she wears looks like it was sewn for her. "You have been blanking out a lot. Am I that boring."

I nod with a smile on my face. "You are far more boring than our history teacher. You make everyone phase out once in a while." He punches my shoulder in the middle of a laughing. Our history teacher was the worst he spoke slowly and softly the perfect mixture to get sleeping teenagers.  We usually fall asleep with exams done, what's the point. We would stay at home if we could but our school's law is and I quote. "LEARNING NEVER ENDS SO ANY ABSENTS AFTER EXAMS MUST BE EXPLAINED OR OFFENDERS SHALL BE PUNISHED." So Alex and I are just going to say I was helping him get better after his injuries. I don't want to say this to his face but Alex has a very high chance of getting a basketball scholarship. His amazing on the court. If you tell him that his head will get too big.

"Have you picked out a dress yet for the dance." I shake my head. "Yah didn't think so. After school we will go shopping."

"Why so soon. Its like weeks away." I tell him but he just shakes his head disapprovingly.

"So i can see you modelling outfits for me once more." I start blushing and all I can do is just keep my head down.

"You little pervert." We get out of the car and he puts his hand on my shoulder and I can feel a tingling sensation and I put my hand on his waist. On with the show that could end up hurting me but I will enjoy it for now.

-----------------

I am walking hand in hand with Alex as we enter the mall. He is the one who intertwined our hands without any protest from me. It's a force of habit, I don't feel like giving myself false hope. He once more chooses the shop we are to shop in. His explanation is that he used to see his older sisters shop in them when he was younger. I don't argue and get in. We choose to just pile up dresses till we find the right one. We went through short dresses, which he loved, long ones which made me look like a nun until i find my dress. It was a aquamarine tube dress with some gems on the sweetheart neckline. Its tight around the tip bodice and then flare's with ruffles it reaches just above the knee.

When I look at myself in the mirror I just feel beautiful, the fear of bring fat or too big gone from the moment I look at myself. "No matter what you think i am buying this dress." I shout as I walk out the dressing room. His eyes just glow as he looks at me and my stomach starts doing somersaults. I could barely breathe.

He then stands and calls the shop helper and whispers something to her and she walks off in a rush. I give him a questioning look and he just shrugs. A few minutes later, with him telling me to turn and pose while just takes photos, the shop helper come with strap on heels which had some germs at the top. He helps me get them on and steady myself.

I look in the mirror with him behind me everything looks perfect, with him with his usual white t-shirt and a black leather jacket and some kinda loose, tightish jeans. I take a picture without him noticing, the best part about this whole game. I am falling for you Alex and I got to say I am falling hard. Well I accept my fate, I will try and enjoy it.

I get back into the changing room and get dressed in my usual clothes. We pay for dress and shoes then we are out the door. My phone begins to vibrate and so does his. It was just a text from Stacy.

-You are invited to a party at my house. Just a farewell party for us seniors.

"We aren't going right." I say facing him and his got his usual smirk on." We are going, aren't we?" I just surrender knowing that I would not win the argument. We get home and I change into my purple dress i bought the other day and let my hair fall, I slightly comb it and just throw on a black leather jacket he bought me.

"April, hurry up. We don't want to miss the whole party if you stay preparing for this long." Alex shouts from downstairs. I walk down stairs and I saw a spark in his eyes. Enjoy this moment it won't last forever.

I shove that little voice in my head to the back of my mind. "This is my first party I need to look my best." I look at his blonde hair all messed up and his wearing a long sleeved black shirt which shows of his pecs with his black jacket on top. He looks breathtakingly gorgeous. Why can't I see him the same way anymore, back then I would have said he looks good and now I am drooling over him. Get your head in the right place, April.