Chapter 7

The ride home we were singing, fighting and laughing. I drive into the drive way and I knew I was right my parents weren't home. Alex puts his bag on his shoulder and I put his arm on my shoulder and help into the house. He places his bag on the couch and takes a sit. "So what movie?"

I walk towards the kitchen turning on every light on my way. "You choose. You know where the movies are. Stop acting like a guest. Anyways you need to help me cook."

I could hear him limping on his way to the kitchen."What are we having?"

"Your favorite spaghetti and spicy meatballs." He gives me a weird look and I smile. "What? I owe you a lot. Now you start mixing the mince in with the flour and as much spices as you want." He washes his hands and begins mixing with his bare hands. I boil up the water and throw in the spaghetti. I turn to find him mixing them with a lot more flour. "That's enough." I pull the bag and he pulls it towards himself. I lose my grip and a lot of the flour goes in his face. I can't help but start laughing. "I am so sorry." I can barely say the words from the laughing. "Not.. My.. Fault." I couldn't stop myself I continue laughing. He takes a handful of flour and throws it at my face.

And he started laughing hysterically. "You should take a look at your face." With the flour on his face and him laughing. Its hysterical and before long we are both laughing. After a few minutes we dust ourselves off. "You have flour right here." He keeps on pointing on the forehead but I can't figure where. He takes the cloth and wipes it off. "Perfect."

With another blush coming on I turn around. "Thanks." I rush towards the stove. I drain all the water out of spaghetti and I start deep frying the meatballs and he makes the sauce within less than an hour we are already plating.

He puts in the movie Scream. I should have known he loves horror movies. After eating we are just sitting on the couch watching the movie on the gruesome scenes I would just close my eyes and cover myself with the cushion. He is laughing half the whole movie. "You are sick in the head." Before i know it my eyes become too heavy and i fall asleep.

Slowly i open my eyes and find myself sleeping on something very hard. I start hearing thuds and i realise i am sleeping on Alex's chest. His heartbeat is so slow and steady and his breathing is steady. Slowly I lift my head and find his eyes closed, his pink lips shut, his amazingly chiseled chin and his tan skin. His just so perfect. "Staring is rude you know." I am so surprised that I push myself off his chest.

"I was not staring. Its just that i was surprised that i fell asleep on your chest. Why didn't you wake me or carry me to my room. " I lie, my heart is pounding he caught me.

"Excuse me you weigh a ton and my ankle is sprained so i could never have carried you. Its a shame, I enjoyed your slow and thorough scan." He says with a wink.

I punch his arm. "Go bathe. You stink." He starts laughing and i just keep on smiling. He goes in to take a shower.

I go into the kitchen and start frying bacon and eggs and I put the bread in the toaster. Ever since I was 13 I had to learn how to cook for myself. I start plating the food and everything is perfect. "Hmmm, something smells divine."

"Enjoy." He takes a huge bite of the toast and starts eating the bacon. "Stop eating like that you will choke." I race to take a water glass and pour some orange juice and pass it to him.

"I won't, thanks." He gulps all the juice and i am left with my mouth opening. "Eat or I will eat yours."I pour some juice and begin eating. I finish my food in record time and put the plates in the sink. I am about to start washing plates, "What are you doing?"

"Duh, I am doing dishes." I say as I start scrubbing the plates. He stands beside me and opens the tap. "What are you doing?"

"Duh, helping you do the dishes." He takes the plate that I just finished washing and rinses it and puts it on the drying rack. We keep on washing and keep the rhythm till we are done. After we are done he starts drying the plates and i place them in their respective places. "Now that we are done go bathe and wear something comfortable I am taking you somewhere."

I go upstairs and take a warm shower. I blow dry my hair and tie it into a pony tail. I wear my usual jeans and a t-shirt with some tennis shoes and top it off with my locket and I am out the door. "I am done let's go."

He looks at me with a smile plastered on his face. "I like you better without all the make-up. Its just you. Natural you. You look beautiful." I just nod and turn away trying to hide the stupid blush that was forming. I rarely blush and now around Alex I am blushing like crazy what's wrong with me. Do I like Alex. No, no way.

He drives us to the batting cages. He remembers how much i love baseball. Back then my father and i used to watch it together and I always wanted to learn how to play, at least hit the ball. "You didn't."

"I did. So come on let's do this." He leads me to the front of the batting cages. "Here is a bat, go in.''

"You are kidding me right. I don't even know how to do this." He smiles and walks in with me.

He stands behind me and I could feel his slow and steady breathing but his heart was racing or was it mine, puts his hands on top of mine. "Hit it." The machine operator turns it on. The ball comes hurling towards me. I just close my eyes and let Alex do all the work. He moves my hand and I hear a thud and slowly open my eyes and see that we hit the ball. Another ball comes and this time I keep my eyes open and I swing the same time that I feel his body shift. Slowly but surely I start taking the lead and he starts loosening his grip and then finally leaves me to do it on my own. I hit the ball for the first time on my own and I am ecstatic with time I hit balls that come afterwards. "Nice you are a natural. Nice swing." I smile in return focusing on the next ball. "You can stop now."

I drop the bat and start breathing heavily. "Best day ever." He helps me up and leads me to the benches. "Want to try again you in the cage next to me so I can beat you at your own game."

"You are on." He goes to the next cage and i pour water on my face and get into the next one. I hit all the balls that come and so does he. "Want to give up."

"Never." I keep hitting the balls that follow then I start missing one. I am way too exhausted. "Stop." The operator stops the machine and I get out of the cage. I drink some water and pour more into my hair. I turn and look at Alex who is effortlessly hitting the balls each time. I could see his abs flexing from under his shirt and his arms flexing with sweat trickling down his forehead.

"Stop it now." He shouts at the operator and then turns to me with a beautiful smile and my heart is beating 100 miles per second. "Ready to go home." I just nod and he keeps up his smile. Oh crap i am in trouble. I am crushing on my best friend. God help me please.