Chapter 24

Tristan and I have been in each other's arms for what feels like hours and honestly I have never felt safer. His eyes bore into mine with such intensity that I can't help but keep staring at his, mesmerized. Each time he stares at me like that my heart races and I can feel a sensation originating from my spine and exploding in my stomach. All this is thanks to Alex, I definitely owe him one.  "Oh shit, how could I forget?" I face-palm myself as take a sitting position. I see his eyebrows furrow in confusion so I turn to face him. "Friday is Alex's birthday and well I had completely forgotten about it with all the drama."

"Why should we care, he has Trevor." Tristan states showing no care for the topic. I take a deep breath and tell him what happened between Alex and I since yesterday, how we have sorta reconciled and how I feel bad for separating him from Caitlin. "Will us doing this make you happy?" I nod excitedly and he smiles at me. "Okay let's bring a gang back together." he says and my smile broadens.

"You are the best," I tell him as I lay back down on the bed. "So let's make it a surprise pool party, we have 3 days to prepare so we have to be super sneaky and keep it from Trevor and Stacy they might try to ruin it but we will invite them at the last minute." Tristan just nods seemingly mesmerized by how excited I am. "But first I need to talk to Cait, she is our key component. I gotta go, will make more plans later." I try to get off the bed but Tristan hold my hand, I turn to look at him.

"A kiss before you go." I give him a soft kiss on the lips and he smiles, "I meant on the cheek but that will do." I laugh and walk to the adjacent door to find a sleeping Cait.

Oh she looks so adorable, "Cait!!!" I scream and she jumps off the bed and falls with a thud onto the floor. I start laughing hard and all she does is glare at me.

"What the hell?" I look her in the eye and she just knew it was something serious so she straightens up. "Did Tristan hurt you, I am going to rip off his balls with bare hands." she was already getting up.

"No, it's about Alex. I want you to forgive him." Caitlin rolls her eyes and prepares herself to go back to sleep. "Here me out. Alex and I had our fall out because we weren't really in love we were just fooling ourselves. In midst of our misconceptions he betrayed the trust I had in him and I understand why you are mad but he is sorry for it and I have forgiven him. Do you remember the Alex who always had our back through everything, who didn't abandon us for anything OUR brother that's the person we are abandoning. We just misunderstood our relationship and it all fell apart. Now that I am in love with Tristan I realized what I felt for Alex wasn't love just lusts at most. Please let's not abandon years of friendship because of a small fight. " Cait looks down considering but not yet convinced," he protected me yesterday when a man tried to touch me, he didn't care I was mad and didn't want to see him but he just protected me because he does care for us. Come on Cait I know you miss him too. "

"You are pretty good at making speeches but I need time to process everything." I look down but nod, I turn towards the door but as I leave an idea hits me.

"Do you remember the time in 8th grade when you thought you had a crush on Alex but he then dated this other chick and you were heartbroken. But you forgave him and moved on. That's the same here the only difference is we played a dumb game and I got burnt." I turned around and left.

Its been 3 days and luckily my speech got to Cait and she agreed to forgive Alex so for the last couple of days the 3 of us have been running like headless chickens trying to plan his birthday. The worst part of it is pretending like I don't remember, my heart breaks each time he tries to hint on his birthday and I have to play dumb but it's worth it.

I told Cait to continue to ignore him till his birthday so we can kill him with happiness... Wait that didn't sound right but you get what I mean. "Is everything in place?" I shout to Tristan whose on the other side of the pool and Cait who is by the door. "So whose going to invite Trevor and Stacy," we both turn to Tristan who let's out a frustrated sigh but does as his asked. "Now you go get Alex he must be in his room all moppy and stuff." she puts her hands on her hips and just stared at me. "Move that cute ass, move move." she starts walking and I tap her ass as she is walking away. She gives me a glare and I just give her sheepish smile in return, her glare turns to a small smile before she turns and shakes her head as she is heading to Alex's room. Yay.. I love it when a plan comes together. The first thing I hear are groans from Stacy and Trevor as they reach the scene. "For the record we aren't doing this for you, it's for Alex" I nod and show them their hiding places and give them a brief summary of the plan. I think I see a hint of a smile from both of them as I tell them the plan. I think they are aboard. I hear Caitlin's voice and shoosh everybody, "places guys, it's show time." they all nod but not with as much excitement as I do.

"I am sorry for how I reacted with the situation between you and April but understand my position I was between my best friends so I chose the one on the right side. Take me back?" she asks with a small smile and  Alex mimics her smile as he pulls her into a hug.

" I would be crazy not to." he answers, I would hate to rain on their parade but we gotta literally rain on their parade.

" Now! " I shout and water balloons are thrown at them and within seconds they were soaking wet. "Surprise." I shout with a sheepish smile.

"This wasn't part of the plan." Cait shouts looking at me and I just shrug. "Oh it's on now." she picks up her bucket of water balloons and I look into my bucket and realize I am low on ammo. I run and hid behind the closest person, Trevor and the balloon hits him on the chest soaking his shirt. Cait covers her mouth in shock, "I am so sorry." surprisingly he picks up his own balloon and throws it at her.

They start chasing each other and suddenly I feel a balloon hit me in the back I turn to see a smirking Stacy and well let's say I don't back down from a water balloon war. I chase her until I hit her a couple of times. I throw another one at her but she dodges and it hits Tristan who was focused on Cait. We start chasing each other with water balloons and before long we are all over the place throwing balloons at each other. This place has never felt so alive. Felt like home.