Chapter 26

I groan as the light from the sun hits me directly in my eyes.. I try to turn and hit something hard, I don't need to turn to know it's Tristan. I snuggle in closer to him and place his hand around my waist just so I could sink into him. I feel him pull me in tighter and a giggle erupts from my lips. The door suddenly burst open to show Tristan? He looks at me and then the person behind me, his eyes show it all hurt, shock and anger, it's all there. He walks towards me but I am utterly speechless, his strides show determination. "Tristan." I start but the look in his eyes stops me from continuing.

"Tristan, it's not what you think." I turn to find Alex, so his the one I was sleeping beside. Before I can even comprehend what's happening I hear a loud smack and I realise Tristan punched Alex. I try to move to stop them from fighting but I realize I'm in only my bra and panty. Okay now this looks bad. After what feels like hours of the two fighting, we'll it's more like Tristan punches and Alex tries to dodge.

"Tristan, stop!" I shout and they all face me, he looks at me then he scans my body. I feel guilt as he realizes I only have my bikini on. He let's go of Alex and looks me dead in the eye and a lump grows in my throat.

"You guys deserve each other. His a cheat, you are even worse. That innocent face had me fooled but you are just like those girls who hump different football players every night." he paces as he runs his hands through his hair then just stops, "Nah, you are even worse." he walks out slamming the door behind him. Tears start rolling down my cheeks, I can't believe just yesterday we were in each other's arms happy and now this.

"April," I stop him from continuing and grab one of his t-shirts and walk out of there. I can't believe I hadn't noticed I was in Alex's room.

I walk into my room to find Cait fast asleep, probably the alcohol in her system. I pick up a pair of jeans and a top then walk into Tristan's room. "Tristan." I call as I open the door but I am greeted by silence I walk in and his not in there. I go downstairs and bump into Trevor.

"Are you looking for Tristan?" I nod and he gives me a sympathetic look. "He left, I will have to bring his stuff home. He seemed to be in a rush." I nod as it all finally settles down in my head. He left me, a tear rolls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away. We can fix this it's a misunderstanding, I just need to talk to him and it will all be okay, it will all be okay right?" Did you guys fight?"

"Something like that." he nods understanding that don't want to say anything further. I really need to talk to him before it's too late. I race upstairs and start packing my bags by the time Cait wakes up I am ready to go.

"Where are you going?" I look at her and she sees the look on my face. She rushes to my side. "What's wrong?" I tell her everything that happened this morning and honestly I don't remember how I ended up with Alex, I remember I spent most of the night next to Tristan but after a couple shots it all becomes a blur. Cait packs her things as she sad she won't let me go alone. We drag our bags out and I just walk straight towards her car, I feel like I am moving on autopilot. Everything happened so fast, it just shook me to the core. Have I lost him, like forever. How can I lose him when I just realized I love him and I can't live without him.

"Are you okay?" Cait pulls me out of my thoughts and I realise we are already on the road back home.

I shake my head, "But I will be after I talk to him he will understand." he has to. I don't say that and just keep my eyes on the passing scenery. It brings me back to when Tristan and I came here together we were happy and now. I let out a sigh trying to hold back the tears.

" Take a nap, i will wake you up when we get there." I nod welcoming the idea of relief from reality but as I close my eyes I only see the look in Tristan's eyes and his words. God, his words they are playing back in my head. A whimper escapes my lips but I don't open my eyes and just try to think back to the good moments. Slowly I let the darkness engulf me.

I hear someone shake me and I open my eyes. I look up and see Cait's eyes show nothing but sympathy. I nod and grab my bags from the trunk and place them into the house. By the time we got home, it was too dark for me to go see him now. I guess one more night, "Good night." I mumble as I walk into my bedroom, I know Cait knows her way around. I pull out my phone and call Tristan but it goes straight to voice mail. I call over and over again but it doesn't help, it all goes to voice mail. For the first time since it all happened I let the tears fall, I choke back on some sobs trying to keep Cait from hearing my pain. I feel the bed dip and I just lean on Cait and let her be my comfort in this time of need. Tomorrow I will fix things with Tristan and everything will be back as it was. A tear rolls as I know deep in side my heart that things will never be the same.