Chapter 11

I raise my head and its absolutely throbbing. I remove my blankets and find I am still dressed exactly like when I left for the party. "Alex!"I shout and my head answers instead. The door flies open and I find Tristan instead of Alex. I rush to the toilet and puke all my stomach contents out.

He pulls back my hair and ties it into a pony tail. "Let it all out. "I finish all my stomach contents and stand up but my legs are way too weak and I can't walk straight. He comes from behind and carries then lays me on the bed. "Here is some aspirin and some water. Some crackers. Your appetite won't be too good right now."

I nod and swallow the pill and finish the bottle of water. "Where is Alex?"

"His tired, his got a hangover just like you so his fast asleep.'' Tristan says so i just nod.

"Thanks for taking me home. What happened yesterday cause I can't remember anything after our dance." I remember what I said and start blushing.

He notices and smiles. "So you think I am hot and strong too. Huh."

I start pouting and he just starts laughing. "I was tipsy so I didn't know what I was saying." 

"I don't know, I heard that drunk people say the truth. Don't worry I won't judge you for liking me." He says as he winks at me.

My phone starts ringing and I see a picture of me and Tristan making faces together by a pool. Then a message saying Remember Stacy and Alex together. "What happened yesterday?'' I say as I show him the picture of us.

"That you have to remember yourself." His face becomes straight. "You made me promise that I won't tell you. You have to remember yourself." He then walks out living me to my thoughts.

I remember walking into the kitchen but i seem to just blackout after that. I just close my eyes and sleep engulfs me. I see myself walking into the kitchen with a cup in my hand and then I see Stacy and Alex holding each other. Everything replays in my head to the moment I fall asleep on Tristan's shoulder. I wake up in a puddle of my own sweat, Alex cheated on me. He slept with Stacy and i confessed my feelings for him. I eat all the crackers and walk downstairs to find  Alex sitting in the couch. "We need to talk." He says with a straight look on his face.

"Yes, really do." I say as I walk into the kitchen and take out a strawberry milkshake and sit beside him. "Why didn't you tell me the full reason why I was getting bullied."

"So you finally remembered." I nod so Tristan told him. "I was scared of how you might react."

"So you didn't see it fit to tell me why I was getting teased and sometimes bullied. I can't believe you slept with her and just dumped her. And anyways she wasn't the first girl you slept with anyway. Then why were you holding her when I entered the kitchen." His face just fell and i knew what it meant. "You were hitting on her weren't you." He nodded and tears start streaming down my cheeks. "If you liked her you should have told me. I would have ended the game and not have been bullied as well."

"Its because I like you April. Since kindergarten I have had a crush on you but I couldn't end our friendship." My eyes just widen then i remember him with Stacy.

"You had a chance to woo me yet you chose to just cheat on our fake relationship. I can't forget that I might like you but there are things I can't do for you." I wipe away my tears and just keep a straight face.

"I like you a lot but I understand your decision." He then just looks down. "But at least give me a second chance."

"Will see how things work out." I remember what Tristan said and he deserves a chance. "First see what Stacy wanted from you."

I walk upstairs drinking my milkshake. I pick up my phone and dial Tristan's number. He must have put it in there. "Tristan I want you to know I like Alex but for now lets be friends."

"So you remember. I thought you would change your mind." I start laughing and tears start flowing. "I am coming." Before I could refuse he cuts the call.

A few minutes later I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I open the door to find him holding a 2 litre carton of chocolate ice cream. I heard its good with heartbreak. I hug him. "Thanks." Tears start flowing and he just strokes my hair which surprisingly calms me. "I am sorry about your cousin Stacy, she didn't deserve it."

"I am sorry about my cousin hitting you for nothing. It wasn't even your fault." He smiles at me and I got to say its infectious before I know it I am smiling.

Other than the ice cream we ate and finished together, he had brought me a box of donuts and I have to admit I enjoyed his company. I even laughed genuinely all day with him. "Can I ask." He nods. "Were you the one who dropped us off home and put me in the blankets." He nods once more. "Then how did you know which room was mine."

He scratches the back of his neck. "I didn't I opened every single door till I found one that was more like you. The history books were kind of an easy giveaway. You don't know how many times I thought of just leaving you in your parents room."

I smile at him and he does the same. "Either way. Thanks a lot."

"Anything for you, April." He then look deep in thought. I wave my hands in front of his eyes. "Sorry I was thinking of a nickname for you but my mind is blank."

"You are crazy." I say as i shove him and all that flashes into my head is Alex.

"April if I am going to have a chance with you. I want it to be genuine." I am about to cut him off but he lifts his head showing that he wanted me to keep quiet. "Just know this wasn't the first girl he slept with but this is the one who made him pay for it. I am sure he loves you its obvious from the way he looks at you. Let him explain and then make a decision with all your facts straight." I smile at him and nod. Even though he loves me, he wants me to know what i am getting myself into.