Chapter 45

Hey! Wow, long time no see, hey? 

2 weeks after my last update... wow... longest ever :/

I'm sorry once again, I've been soooo busy with school it's unbelievable. :/ But thanks for being patient, I love you all :)

I'd just like to tell you that you all mean so much to me. The people who read my stories keep me smiling at the end of the day. You believe in me, even if I'm not the best writer in the world. You give me sweet feedback and help me. So thank you.  

<3  

-Justin-

Sasha hadn’t stopped smiling since the other day when she first held our daughter, Lily. Truth is, I haven’t stopped smiling either. How could we not? We had never been happier.

We were finally on our way home from the hospital. Lily was in her baby seat for the first time and we hadn’t heard a peep from her. She was quiet and didn’t cry unless she needed something. We were completely calm, which we didn’t think would be the case with a new born.

“What if she walks away?” Sasha spoke, “What if she leaves me for good?”

“She won’t leave you.”

“And if she does...?”

“You’ll have me.” I told her truthfully, “You always will.”

“Thanks,” she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, chewing on her bottom lip.

I smiled to myself as I attempted to keep my eyes on the road and not on her. She had been nervous about her mother meeting Lily today. I was nervous for her; Sasha’s mum was pretty unpredictable.

We pulled up and Sasha didn’t make any signs of getting out. I sighed and twiddled my thumbs, waiting for her to say or do something. She didn’t.

“Sasha, we can’t just stay out here all day.”

“Why not?” she pouted, “Can’t we just go to yours?”

“Later. Now come on.” I told her, “the sooner the better, right?”

“Wrong.” She muttered, getting out of the car with lack of effort.

I rolled my eyes and followed, heading to the back car door to un-plug Lily.

“Can I hold her?” Sasha asked in a small voice, like she seemed scared to ask.

“Of course...”

She really wasn’t herself since we got here, she was too quiet. I guess I understood, I’d be the same if I knew my mother might leave me for good as soon as I enter the room. I wanted to stay positive though, I was praying to god that she stayed there for Sasha.

Sasha wouldn’t be able to cope without her mother. Even if they barely talked anymore.

I knocked on the wooden door with one hand, my other wrapped around Sasha protectively.

Her dad answered, his face brightening with a smile when he saw it was us. His eyes travelled down to his granddaughter, tucked safely in his daughter’s arms.

“Oh my god, come in. We’ve been expecting you.”

-Sasha-

I sat down on the lounge, inhaling the sweet smell of home. Lily still hadn’t cried since we left the hospital, which amazed me. Most newborns weren’t this quiet, it kept making me have to put the thought of her having something wrong with her away.

The doctor said she was healthy.

That was that.

“I’ll just go get your mother, and then we can talk.” My dad said, giving a quick smile before hurrying out of the room.