Chapter 5

*Sasha*

It was 1am when my phone rung, waking me from my peaceful sleep. I groaned and reached over to the night stand, taking my phone and answering it. I managed a quiet ‘hello,’ and waited for the response.

“Oh my god. Can you help me tomorrow morning?  I got the dates mixed up and my parents are going to Paris in 3 hours. So I have to have the party tomorrow night!”

A lump formed in my throat and I sat upright, now wide awake. I let out a sigh and agreed to help. I didn’t want to take part in this but it was my best friend’s party. It was kind of my deed to do this for her, she would have done the same for me, boy crisis or not.

“Thank you Sasha, you are amazing. I’ll see you in the morning.”

I stopped myself from a smart ass comment saying that it was in fact morning, it was 1am. I just responded with a ‘goodbye,’ and hung up. I let my head fall back onto the pillow trying to get back to sleep.

***

“You’re here! Great, I need you to call everyone on this list up, okay? Tell them to bring whoever they want and bring some drinks and snacks to help out.” Ally instructed, shoving a piece of paper at me.

I took it, reading the endless list of people, all who would be bringing other friends. This party was going to be huge. I begun the calls saying the same thing every time, which begun to get boring after the first seven calls. Who was I kidding; it was boring before I had even started. Seventeen calls in and my eyes stopped on the name of, ‘Justin Bieber,’ my heart stopping at the sight.

“Ally? Can we not invite that Bieber kid?”
She laughed, “He’s the most popular guy at our school Sasha, he has to be here. Even if you don’t invite him, someone else will.”

She was right; he would be at the party no matter what. Guys like him were always at parties, it was their ‘thing.’ I played with the phone cord, twirling it around my index finger.

You can do this Sasha, it’s just a call. He might not even recognize your voice.

I dialled his number and heard him answer with a, ‘hello who is this?’ I didn’t answer his question just simply started going on about the details. Once I was done I added an ‘invite who you like’ to it, remembering I had forgotten to say that.

“Will you be there?” He suddenly asked.
“Yes.” I responded, crossing my fingers that he hadn’t realised it was me.
“That’s good, Can’t wait to see you tonight Sasha.”

I gulped and replied with a quick, ‘bye,’ and hung up, my heart racing. Damn, he was going to look for me tonight, wasn’t he? Why did Bieber have to ruin everything? I’m sticking against my strongest rule still though, ‘no boys.’

***

I looked over the house from the front door, Ally standing by my side with the biggest grin on her face. The house did look good, like the typical high school party would look...before it was trashed. We had already done our hair and makeup and just had to put on our dresses before the party started which was in 30 minutes or less.

I slid into my dress that I had bought yesterday and admired it in the mirror. It was black and it looked like it showed even more than it had last night when I tried it on in my room. It hugged my figure, showing every curve. It was strapless and the dress ended halfway to my knees, the middle oh my thigh.

My hair was curled slightly, tumbling down my back beautifully. I had thick black mascara and black eyeliner with the usual strawberry lip-gloss. I wasn’t one to wear much makeup but it was a nice change, and it was for a party.