Chapter 15

Hey, if you read this and like it please vote. It means so much to me! :) Hope you enjoy this chapter!

----------------------------------------

“Sasha, I can’t tell you.”

I was pretty upset. Not to make a big deal about it again but this was really pushing my trust issues. Justin was helping me, and I felt like I was slowly heading down the road to recovery. But this just pushed me right back again.

“Why!” I asked a bit too loudly.
She looked down at her shoes; I could tell how badly she didn’t want to tell me. She looked at me, sympathetic eyes that spoke, ‘I’m sorry.’

My eyebrows knitted together, forming a big frown on my face. She awkwardly got up from my bed, running a hand through her hair. She collected up her things and stood in front of me, her expression still the same.

“I think I should leave...” she spoke. “Bye Sasha.”
“Bye,” I mumbled watching her leave.

I thought she would have told me, being my best friend and all. We never keep anything from each other. Well all accept the fact that I’m pregnant...

 I threw the nearest book at the wall, and broke down in tears. As it hit the ground, so did I. I wrapped my arms around my legs, pulling them to my chest as I cried into them. What had gotten into me?

***

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt, sitting quietly in the corner of my room. My phone went off and I picked it up, watching the notification of, ‘one new message,’ fill the screen. I small smile found its way onto my face when I read Justin’s name. I didn’t know why he made me feel happy, he just did. That’s when I remembered the reason I had been crying. Because everyone was hiding something from me about him. But what?

I opened the text, and I couldn’t hold back the smile as I read it. He had asked if he wanted to do something today and of course I did. Maybe I could find out what was going on...

I replied with a simple, ‘yes,’ and waited for his response. Almost instantly he texted back saying that he’ll pick me up outside my house in an hour. With that I picked myself up from the floor and walked into the bathroom, doing my hair, makeup and changing clothes.

I settled on a pair of skinny jeans and a floral shirt with a cardigan. My hair was lightly curled, tumbling down my back elegantly. I put on some mascara and slipped in a pair of black vans. I had only worn them once or twice; I tried to avoid the trend.

*Justin*

I parked on the side of the road just outside Sasha’s house. Should I have parked further down so her family didn’t see? I decided not to bother, it’s not like they’d know I was here for her daughter. I could have been visiting anyone in the street...

I heard the sound of a door opening and closing and movement in the corner of my eye. I turned my head slightly, checking who it was. My eyes widened as I realised it was Sasha, looking breath takingly beautiful.

I couldn’t believe she was having my child. I just wish she could be my girlfriend too. I was determined to help her get rid of her trust issues, and I was going to succeed.

*Sasha*

Justin came to the passenger side of the car and greeted me with a friendly hug. His cologne was an amazing scent and I couldn’t get enough of it.

“Hey Sasha, you ready?”
I nodded, “Yeah. Where are we going?”
“Just around and there are fireworks tonight, can you stay until later?”
I chewed on my lip thinking before nodding, “I guess.”

Justin smile went from ear to ear as he opened the door for me, happy that I could join him tonight. How could I say no? I loved fireworks. A lot.

***

“The fireworks should start in half an hour, it’s getting dark...” Justin informed me.
I smiled and nodded, “Can’t wait.”

We were sitting on my favourite hill right now, not many others had chosen this spot too. The view was going to be amazing. I suddenly remembered the thing that had made me upset lately, the thing nobody would tell me.

“Justin...you’d never lie to me right?”
“Never.” He responded, his expression telling me he was being completely honest.
“What aren’t you telling me?”
“Care to elaborate on that?”

I twiddled my thumbs, looking only down at them. I took a deep breath and continued.

“Where were you really before you fell asleep at school the other day? Nobody will tell me and when I ask, they panic and leave. I want the truth Justin.”

He then started looking nervous, the same look everyone else got when I had asked this question. He remained quiet, looking out at the city lights. I frowned and mumbled a, ‘whatever,’ and began to get up before he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down, landing on his lap. His lap felt comforting, I didn’t mind it. I would have considered staying if I wasn’t frustrated. I tried to move off him but he kept a strong grip around me, keeping me there.

“I promise not to lie to you. It was a supposed to be a surprise but I guess I can give it you now...”
“Oh, so you’re not cheating?”
He laughed, looking at me confused. “Cheating? We’re not dating and besides I told you, I’m single while I’m with you.
“Why’s that?”

He smirked and moved his hands from around me, and he fumbled around in one of his pockets, searching for something. He pulled out a small black box that normally contained jewellery. Oh no, he didn’t get me something expensive did he?

He opened it slowly, my attention drawn to his eyes as they stared back into mine. He broke the connection by looking down at what his hands were holding. My eyes wandered down too and I was amazed when they landed on a ring. The silver ring sparkled, even in the dark. It had a beautiful small diamond on it; my eyes remained wide as I continued to stare.

“Justin...what is this for?” I asked, breathless.
“This ring is a promise ring, I have one too.”
“We’re not in a relationship?”
He smiled taking it out of the box and slipping it on my finger as he spoke, “It’s to help with your trust issues.”

A tear slipped down my cheek as I looked back up at Justin, finally away from the ring. His thumbs wiped away my tears, his hands resting on either side of my face.

“Thank you. You really are the nicest person I have ever met.” I spoke truthfully.

He wrapped me in a big hug, and as our bodies met, the first firework started up, exploding in the night sky above us. We both looked up, not letting go of each other though. I hadn’t been this happy in a long time. I had a promise ring; I have never had one in my life. It just showed me that Justin really was different. Maybe he was the main person I could trust now, who would have thought? A month ago he was the last...

-------------------------------

Vote. Fan. Review. <3