4

I woke up at 7:00 and noticed school starts at 8:00. I pushed the covers off me and walked into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and nearly jumped. I laugh at how ridiculous my hair looked. I debated on whether I should take a shower or not. I decided on taking one since my hair looks like a birds nest. 15 minutes later I finally finished my shower. I got out and wrapped my towel around my body. I walk over to my mirror which hung in my bathroom. I grabbed my brush and started combing through my hair. Knots after knots were being combed. I finally succeded with getting all the knots out of my hair. I grabbed my blow dyer and started drying my hair. I finally finished drying my hair and I walked out of the bathroom to go into my closet. I grabbed my white sundress that had straps on it. I loved this dress so much. It stops above my knees, not too short and not too long. I throw my dress on my bed and walk over to get a bra and underwear. I dropped the towel and put on my bra and underwear. I grab my dress off the bed and put it on. I walk back into the bathroom and started to do my hair. I grabbed my straightener and straightened my hair. I finally finished and I looked into the mirror and smiled at my reflection. My hair was now done to perfection. I began to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth. Once I was done with that I grabbed my makeup bag and applied mascara to my eyelashes. I never like to overdo my makeup. So I just had on lipgloss and mascara. I walked out my bathroom and put on my socks. I looked at the clock and it read '7:35' I hurried and grabbed my black converse and shoved them on my feet. I walked out my bedroom and walked down the stairs.

"Mom!" I screamed. No reply. I groaned because that meant I have to walk to school and I barley have time. I grabbed an apple and my backpack. I picked up my phone and walked out the door. I started to pick up my pace so I wouldn't be late on the first day. Within 10 mintues I finally reached my school. I looked up and saw many kids begining dropped off by their parents, girls sitting on the grass laughing, boys greeting eachother with their man hugs, popular girls getting out of their expensive cars, jocks messing with nerds, and lastly bad boys riding their skateboards. I instatly felt like I didn't belong. I sighed and began to walk up the stairs into the doors. I noticed girls gave me dirty looks. I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and sighed once again. I walked to the front office and walked up to a lady at a desk.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The lady asked as she smiled. I nodded.

"Yeah, i'm new here and I just wanted my schedule." I said. She smiled and nodded.

"Name?" I looked up and smiled.

"Emily. Emily Baker." She nodded and got up and went through files. She walked back and handed me my schedule. I smiled and thanked her and walked out the office. I took a look at my schedule and saw my locker number on it. '143' I said to myself. I began to walk through the crowded halls and bumped into somebody. I apologized. Crap, my butt hurts.

"Emily?" I looked up and saw Kasey standing above me wearing blue jeans and a light pink v-neck with pink converse. Her blonde hair was in a perfect ponytail. I got up and laughed.

"Hey Kasey." She smiled.

"You ready for that tour around the school now?" I laguhed because I remembered yesterday when she asked if I needed help around the school.

"Yes please." She laughed and tugged me with her.

***

"Okay, this is where we eat. Sometimes the lunch ladies make good food but sometimes their food taste like.. well I don't really want to explain it. I suggest you bring your lunch." I laugh and nod my head at Kasey.

"What's for lunch today?" I asked. She stayed slient for a second.

"Uh, I think tacos." I smiled. I adore tacos. I remember when my dad use to make tons of tacos on game night. He would stand in the kitchen and dance while he made tacos. I would stand there trying not to laugh. Tacos always seemed to make him happy and excited for some reason.