Flashing Lights

***LACMA Charity Event, Los Angeles, CA 7PM***

Camila and Lauren arrived at the charity event in separate limousines just minutes apart.

"Camila! Camila! You look gorgeous; who are you wearing?" A photographer yelled as the brown-eyed beauty posed with one hand on her hip.

"Versace, genius right?" She said smiling at the group of photographers, along with the crowd of people on hand; everyone absolutely adored her.

Camila wore a long red dress that hugged her body, flowing all the way down to the ground as it flared out, covering her black high heels. She matched it with a gray clutch and gray diamond necklace. Her hair was somewhat slicked back as it rolled down over one side of her shoulders. The younger brunette was no stranger to the red carpet.

"Lauren! Lauren! Over here!"

A group of photographers yelled from every direction as the porcelain-skin girl moved so charismatically down the red carpet, posing for pictures.

Lauren wore a very feminine black pantsuit that was fitted perfectly for every curve she had. It exposed just enough cleavage, very sexy, but still appropriate for the event. Her black-brown hair was slicked back in a low elegant pony that showed her facial features.

She posed for the lights that kept flashing her way. Her head tilted while her lips pulled to her eyes, just slightly, exuding confidence and attitude; she had a bad girl image and they ate it up.

"Lauren! Do you have time for a few questions?"

"Sure, why not?" She smirked and winked into the TV camera.

"Sources say that you were seen entering Dylan Lasner's home to visit Camila Cabello, is this true? Also, that you were at the House of Blues in Anaheim for her EP Performance; are you and Amber Hannan over?" The interviewer asked as Lauren's eyes widened in surprise.

"You're a funny guy, you know that?" She said as she flashed a nervous, but charming smile as she dodged the question.

"Heeeeyyyy, Lauren's needed backstage if you don't mind." Dylan winked at the camera and pulled the green-eyed beauty just in time.

"Dylan! Lauren! This way! Group picture!" Both turned towards the photographers as Dylan placed his arm around Lauren's waist and she did the same; both smiled from ear to ear.

"Thanks for that," She said through her smile.

"Vultures, aren't they?" He winked at her. "Come on, let's get ready backstage and then I'll show you to your seat."

Where's Camz? There she is. She's so beautiful in her red gown, definitely a sight for sore eyes. Gosh why did I have to be so fucking stupid about coming together! She could be on my arm right now and then people would just KNOW instead of asking me all these ridiculous question.

"Is Camila seated close to me?" she asked Dylan as they entered the building through the back.

"I'm not sure, I think maybe a couple of rows over, close enough I'm sure."

~

Lauren didn't have much time to enjoy the event as she was asked to present as well as perform a song. She finished her performance, which was scheduled towards the end of the evening. She walked off the stage, towards the back as she took off her earpiece and was greeted by staff members who sang praises for her performance.

"Thank you for doing this last minute, it really means a lot to us and for the kids." The event coordinator said as she shook her hand.

"Anything for the kids, thanks for having me."

She was walking towards her dressing room when she caught a beautiful girl in a red dress from the corner of her eye so she decided to lean her head through the curtain to get a better view. She sighed feeling guilty for what happened earlier and she knew she had to make things right.

She takes my breath away; she doesn't even know it.

Lauren smiled at the thought, admiring the brown-eyed girl from a distance, taking in all her beauty.

Who is she talking to? He looks familiar.

Her eyes narrowed trying to figure out who the younger brunette had been conversing with. He was tall, light brown, almost dirty blonde, hair and he was dressed in a very nice suit. She watched Camila's lips pull to her eyes, showing her pearly whites as she laughed lightly at whatever the man in front of her was saying.

WHO is that?

The man pivoted and leaned in to give Camila a kiss on her cheek before turning to pose for some pictures.

Is that Derek?

Lauren felt her blood boil as she watched them take pictures. Her hand rolled up into fists as her eyes focused on him. She watched him keep his right hand on the small of Camila's back and she felt the jealousy and rage slowly engulfed her entire body. It took every ounce of strength within her to NOT walk up to him and punch the living shit out of him.

What is SHE doing with him? What the FUCK! Did she think it was okay to flaunt her fiancé in front of me? Okay, ex-fiancé, but still, what the fuck is THAT all about? This is bullshit! She knows I'm here!

++Flashback: 8 years ago++

"I don't like that guy." She stated as she crossed her arms.

Lauren's face was hardened as she perked up an eyebrow. Her green eyes following Camila around the room as she looked for her bracelet.

"What? Who?" The younger brunette asked as she looked under the bed. "Here it is!" She stood up with a smile that slowly turned into a pout when she realized the stone cold expression her girlfriend was wearing.

"Babbbbyyy," she approached the green-eyed girl, putting her arms around her neck, brushing their noses together. "He was just being nice since we sang on the soundtrack for his upcoming movie."

Lauren placed her hands on Camila's hips, "he was being a little TOO nice to you and I hated the way he kept staring at you." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"You're so cute when you're jealous, you know that?" the shorter brunette tiptoed to place a warm, gentle kiss on lips that tried to not give in, but it was no use

Camila smiled into her lips and it was too hard to remain stone cold. "I love you Camz."

"I love you too baby." She placed a demanding kiss on the older girl's plump lips. "It doesn't matter if Derek's being 'a little TOO nice' to me and if he 'keeps staring' at me, I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU," she lovingly mocked the older brunette as their foreheads touched, eyes locked.

++ End Of Flashback ++

Lauren wasn't just jealous; she was fucking pissed. She always hated the way Derek would stare at Camila so when she had found out through the tabloids a few years ago that they were together, it completely broke her; she was devastated. It could have been anyone else, BUT HIM; she felt betrayed and looking at them now interact, it was like reliving that betrayal all over again.

FUCK THAT.

Lauren walked into her dressing room as she paced back and forth, anger written all over her.

"Hey Laur, great perform--" Dylan knew his best friend all too well, "Are you okay?"

"Why didn't you fucking tell my Derek Trenton was going to be here?" Her green eyes shot up to meet his in anger.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," He said shaking his head back and forth as he put his hands up, "I had no idea he was going to be here, he must have been added last minute like you. If I knew, you think I would've asked you?" He said as he slowly approached the heated brunette.

"I'm sorry Dylan," She shook her head, her eyes becoming glossy as she held back tears. "You know how I feel about him and seeing him with her, it just, it still kills me." She whispered as a tear fell from her eyes.

Dylan quickly wrapped his arms around his best friend, "I know, I know."

"Ugh, why am I such a mess sometimes?" She said as she wiped her tear with her index finger.

"You're only human, it's okay to not be okay. You don't always have to be so tough all the time." He said squeezing her shoulder, giving her a sympathetic smile.

"Let's get out of here; I just wanna put on some pajamas and eat ice cream, like back in the day."

He began to chuckle, "Whatever you want bud!"

The event had wrapped up as Lauren and Dylan made their way to the seating area of the event to get to their limousine that was waiting just outside.

"Are you gonna be okay?" He asked as he walked beside her, noticing that they had to pass by Camila and Derek to get to their ride.

"Fine."

"Is Camila coming back with us?" He asked, as they were just a few feet away from the two.

"Don't really give a shit where she goes." Anger echoing through her voice as Dylan's eyes grew wide in shock.

Camila's eyes lit up as she noticed the brunette approaching along with Dylan. She loved Lauren's performance and she couldn't wait to let her know.

"Hey Dylan. Lauren." Derek's voice let out.

Dylan stopped to acknowledge his presence and shake his hand while the very enraged brunette kept walking, quickening her pace, which was probably best for all of them.

FUCK YOU and your fancy suit!!!

"Hey Derek, good to see you." His eyes drifted from Derek's down to the set of brown eyes next to him; brown shiny orbs filled with concern as it followed the girl in the pantsuit as she continued down the isle.

Camila took a step around them, "Lauren!"

Lauren didn't stop walking; in fact, she walked a little faster.

"Sorry guys, Lauren isn't feeling too well, she ate something." Camila could see right through him. "I gotta go."

Dylan walked down the isle towards the door when he was spun around by Camila grabbing his arm, "Dylan, what's going on?"

"Lauren doesn't feel well." His eyes drifted from hers and then to Derek, back to her.

"You're not a very good liar." She said as her eyes pleaded.

"Look Mila, maybe you should stay with Jason tonight, he's in the back still."

"Lauren's upset isn't she?" She said as she bit her bottom lip, eyes beginning to tear up.

"Just give her some space. Mila I gotta go, Lauren's waiting for me." He gave her a quick hug before making his exit.

Camila's eyes were locked on the exit for a few seconds; she didn't realize tears were streaming down her face. Her heart was aching and she couldn't pull her thoughts together. She was terrified, terrified of losing the love of her life all over again.