Mirrors

***Camila’s House***

Dylan pulled up to a beautiful mansion atop a cliff with views of the entire coast that you could see for miles and miles. You can see the ocean from the driveway. The sun kissing the blue-green surface; the seagulls flying by and pelicans swooping down into the water was a sight to see.

Well done Camila, well done.  We are definitely NOT in L.A. Absolutely beautiful.

He looked up to see a familiar face leaning up against gigantic double doors.

“Hey you! Right on time.” Camila said with a smile as she approached her friend and gave him a huge, warm-welcoming hug. “Like what you see?” She asked looking at the views that hugged her home.

“We are definitely not in Los Angeles anymore. Wow is all I can say.” He said unable to tear his eyes from the blue-green coast.

“Come on…” she said looping her arm with his. “Let me show you around.”

They walked throughout the entire house through the grand living room that lead straight through to the balcony that had the grandest view of the ocean. It left Dylan breathless.

“So this is Newport Coast?” Dylan asked while nodding his head in approval as he stared into the ocean. “How’d you end up here? After you and Derrree….” Dylan turned to Camila with an apologetic look for bringing up her ex fiancé.

“It’s okay Dylan, you can say Derek. I broke off the engagement, remember?” Camila said in an indifferent tone staring into the ocean where the sun slightly kissed it.

++Flashback: 2 years ago++

Jason picked up an announcement from the pile of new mail that sat on their granite counter top in the kitchen they had just received and looked blankly and turned to his longtime friend and music partner Dylan.

“This looks fancy.” Jason said as he looked at Dylan with a concerned look.

“Who’s it from?” Dylan asked.

“My cousin.” Jason replied.

“Which cousin? You have a lot of cousins Jason!” Dylan said in angst.

“Really?” Jason glared at Dylan. “Camila.”

Jason read the announcement quietly, but loud enough for Dylan to hear.

Dylan took a quick look over his shoulder before asking, “Does Lauren know about this?” he asked Jason in a whisper.

“Do I know about what? “ Lauren said with a curious look on her face.

She stood there waiting for a reply staring at both Jason and Dylan. She took a drink out of her water bottle as she had just returned from her evening jog.

“Do I know about WHAT?” she asked again, this time with sharpness in her voice.

“Camila’s engaged Lauren.” Jason finally replied as he handed her the announcement.

She simply read the names. 

::Karla Camila Cabello + Derek Michael Trenton::

She placed the announcement down and began walking towards the door.

“Laur…wait!” Jason tried to yell, but the girl already slammed the door behind her.