Realize (Part 2)

NOTE: Hi Guys! So I decided to make REALIZE into 2 parts to give a little bit more background info into Amber's character and how she and Lauren came to be. 

Big THANKS to Bruisesofmemory for the support!!! If you haven't already, check out THE JAUREGUI, one of my favorites and i'm sure it will be yours too!!! =) 

***12AM-House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA***

Lauren slowly made her way towards the curtains; backstage; it seemed as if everything was in slow motion, at least for her.

Breathe, Lauren, Breathe. It’s fine; they’re both staring at YOU, you’re fine.

As she walked she was met with two pairs of eyes. One, sparkling light blue, filled with love and admiration as it lit up at the sight of her. The other narrowed, a little darker than before; nonetheless, those brown eyes still pierced her heart and she felt the hurt that was flowing from them.

“Lauren, that was amazing!” Jason said as he hugged her as a thank you for singing on the spot. “I think we’re all set, let me just run to the dressing room to grab some things.”

“I’ll go with you!” Camila insisted as she smiled and nodded looking at her cousin.

Lauren watched Jason and Camila walk towards the dressing room and she felt like shit. She felt guilty. She felt guilty for being the reason Camila’s eyes weren’t as bright as they had been and that she was in pain because of HER and she felt shitty for being the main reason they were in the situation they were currently in. she felt guilty for lying to Amber, even though she had always been honest with her about their relationship, if you can call it that.

Lauren couldn’t fully commit to an exclusive relationship even after 8 months of dating steadily. She had told Amber this from the beginning and the blue-eyed girl was willing to stick it out with her. Something was always holding her back and she could never quite put her finger on the reason why. She loves Amber, she really does, but for her that wasn’t enough; there was always something missing, a void she could never really comprehend. Whatever the reason, she knew Amber deserved BETTER than what she was willing to give, and for that she felt guilty, she felt like a scumbag and in this situation, Lauren knew she was a scumbag.

++ Flashback: 1 year ago ++

"I fucking hate these events, fake people sucking up just to climb up the social ladder." She said as she leaned up against the bar. "So, what's a hot piece of ass like you doing here by yourself?"

Amber was confident, she knew how to grab someone's undivided attention and she immediately had Lauren's; something no one had been able to do for a long time.

"Oh well you know, just sucking up to people, trying to climb up the social ladder." Lauren shot back with a smirk as she perked up an eyebrow.

Amber chuckled, "I like you." She said as her lips curved into a half smile, blue eyes scanning Lauren's form.