City Lights

***Camila’s House Later That Night***

It was 2AM and she found herself eyes wide open. Lauren kept tossing and turning; she couldn’t sleep. Her mind was flooded with memories of Camila.

++Flashback:  9 years ago ++

Lauren’s legs were propped up along her headboard, feet pointed towards the ceiling as her body lay on the bed. She had her headphones on listening to music contemplating emotions and feelings she’s never had before.

Earlier that night during the car ride home from one of Fifth Harmony’s interviews, something different happened. Camila and Lauren sat in the back row, per usual. Camila laid across the back seat and her head rested on Lauren’s thighs. Lauren found herself playing with Camila’s fingers more so than usual and caught herself, so she stopped. To Lauren’s surprise, Camila reached for her hand and began intertwining their fingers affectionately as she laid there with her eyes closed.

What does this mean? I don’t know, but every time Camz looks or touches me, I lose my train of thought and I just feel weird. Weird like…butterflies-NO; not a possibility-NO. Kind of.

Lauren continued to contemplate what was happening between her and Camila when her phone interrupted her thoughts.

~BUZZ-BUZZ~

Who’s texting me…it’s 2AM.

Lauren sat up on her bed, took off her headphones and read the text message.

Frm Camz: Are you awake? I can’t sleep.

To Camz: Yeah.

Camila didn’t even bother to text the older girl back. The 16 year old made her way into Lauren’s room and closed the door behind her as she walked towards the window, which had a view of the city lights. All the girls had an amazing view since their penthouse was located on the 14th floor, but Lauren’s was the best one.

“Camz, it’s 2am, what are you doing up?” Lauren asked as she walked towards the younger girl and stood next to her.

“I could ask you the same thing.” She responded. “It’s beautiful isn’t it, the city lights?” Camila said staring out the window.

“Sure is.” Lauren said softly as she stared at the younger girl next to her.

Camila let out a half smile as she noticed Lauren staring at her, not the city lights.

“Lolo…” Camila turned to her slightly. “City lights are that way.” Camila said with a smile tilting her head towards the window.

Lauren chuckled nervously. “Yeah, I know that.” She said as she turned towards the window.