6 Years

***Backstage at the Grammys***

Here I am on the biggest stage of my career at 26 years of age, why am I so nervous? You now why you're so nervous. SHE would be here. It had been 6 years. 6 years since our group dismantled. 6 years since I last saw her face...those eyes. Who could ever forget those hypnotic dark brown eyes? I wasn't purposely trying to avoid her all these years. Every time I was invited to an award show or celebrity party, with her attending as well, I just happen to have something come up. Every single TIME Jauregui? Yes! So I forced myself to believe. I peeked out the curtain, not an empty seat in the house. HERE WE GO!

Lauren finished her first song. Applause rang throughout Staples Center and she scanned the crowd with her green eyes. When she saw, for lack of a better word, the person she was dating's face. Amber looked flawless tonight she thought. She was smiling from ear to ear when Lauren gave her a quick wink. They had been dating for about 8 months on and off. Amber was great, however, Lauren couldn't fully commit. Lauren wasn't seeing anyone else, she just hasn't been able to commit since...and that's when she saw her for the first time. It had been 6 years-Karla Camila Cabello.

She was sitting two rows behind Amber. She looked beautiful as ever, with her dark brown eyes locking with Lauren's narrowed green eyes. Seconds felt like hours as Lauren found herself unable to turn away from Camila's gaze. The arena seemed quiet in that moment. Their eye contact was broken when Lauren heard her producer/bandmate/bestfriend yell into the microphone.

"Did you guys enjoy that last song or what?" Dylan yelled. The crowd cheered.

Lauren gave Dylan a look he had only seen whenever she was vulnerable.

He simply nodded his head in approval of whatever she wanted to sing next.

"Okay, well this next song is for..t.his is for...well, you know who you are. This is for you." Lauren said as she looked past a smiling Amber, quickly glancing into Camila's brown eyes.

She took a look at Dylan and he started playing the piano as Lauren starts singing.

"...you are, you are, the love of my life...girl you're my reflection, all I see is you, my reflection, in everything I do, you're my reflection and all I see is you, my reflection in everything I do. OooOOooo, ooOOOoooo, you are, you are the love of my life, you are, you are the love of my life..." Lauren sang as she stared into brown eyes and quickly turned her attention to the rest of the crowd once she had realized, who she had been staring at throughout the entire song she just sang.

***Backstage in Lauren's Dressing Room***

Did she see me? Of course she saw YOU! YOU were on stage singing for crying out loud! Why am I so nervous? You know why you're nervous! Gosh she looks so beautiful with her long dark hair, elegant, yet simply flowing past her shoulders as if perfectly caressing her skin. Her eyes, I've never seen anything more beautiful than those brown eyes.

Lauren was torn from her thoughts abruptly when she heard a familiar voice.

"Artist of the year..congrats LoLo."

Lauren slowly turned around to face the girl-NO-woman she hadn't seen in 6 years.

"Thanks Camz."

Lauren looked Camila up and down. She's absolutely breathtaking.

Camila noticed Lauren checking her out.

I can't believe it's been 6 years! Every time I've tried to purposely run into Lauren at an award show or celebrity party, she always ended up cancelling her appearance because something always came up. We ended because...I don't really know why we ended. Everything just feels so unfinished.

"That last song, Mirrors right? You sang it beautifully and well the lyrics..." Camila paused while running her hand through her dark brown hair, a bit nervous. "...I felt it, lets just say that." She finished and looked directly into Lauren's green eyes. "Amber's a lucky girl, having such a beautiful song written for her." She said with a slight smile. She felt her heart cringe at the thought of Lauren loving someone the way she once loved her, or worse, more than she loved her.

"That wasn't forrr..." Lauren was interrupted before she could get her sentence out.

That wasn't forrr, what? What was Lauren going to say!

"Camila!!!" Dylan ran towards her and picked her up spinning her tiny body round and round. 

I've missed him so much!

"Dylan put me down!" Camila said as she giggled uncontrollably. "Gosh, I've missed you!"

"Miss you too, shorty!" He said as he winked at her.

Lauren shot him the REALLLYYY, Dylan, REALLLY?! Look.

"So, Camila, you ever going to let me produce for you or what?" he asked her as he wiggled his face with a smile.

"Well Dylan" Camila said with her spunky attitude. "It's your lucky day, I'll be in the studio tomorrow, would you like to join me?"

Is it me or has Lauren not taken her eyes off me?

"Tomorrow it is!" Dylan replied with a smile on his face. He turned his attention to Lauren.

"Laur, before I forget, Amber wanted me to tell you that you did a wonderful job, she loves you and she'll call you when her plane lands in Madrid." Dylan said with his eyes to the ceiling trying not to forget the message.

He couldn't wait to tell her this until AFTER I left.

Lauren shot him the ARE YOU KIDDING! REALLY, Dylan, REALLLY?! Look.

"ahh, thanks Dylan." Lauren said in a nervous voice.

Why does she sound so nervous? Maybe it's awkward since I'm here. I can't believe she's with MY Lolo.

"I better get going, I'll shoot you a text tomorrow Dylan, 9am, don't be late." Camila said with her head tilted.

"Sounds good!" Dylan said as he winked at Camila walking past her down the hall.

I better get out of here before my heartstrings get the best of me.

"I better get going. Congrats again Lo. Hopefully it won't be another 6 years until we see each other again." Camila said joking as she felt her heart stop for a moment. Camila turned to walk towards the door.

"Camz wait!" Lauren lunged and reached for Camila's hand gently spinning the browned eyed girl towards her.

"Yes, Lolo?"

"Would it be okay if I came to your recording session tomorrow? I mean, you know Dylan might need the support of his bestfriend." Lauren said looking down as she anxiously waited for Camila's reply.

"Sure Lolo, that'd be nice, kind of like old times." She said with a smile. "...Lo..."

"Yeah, Camz?"

Lauren and Camila stared intensely into each other's eyes, just inches apart from each other.

"You can let go of me now...I mean, since I should really get going since I have to be up early tomorrow." Camila said unsurely as she looked into green eyes.

Lauren shook her head to break away from those hypnotic brown eyes.

"Yeah! Sorry about that, I just...I don't know. I'll see you tomorrow." She said nervously with a smile.

"Have a good night Lolo." Camila didn't mean to, but she said it with a seductive voice as she exited Lauren's dressing room with a smirk.

That brown-eyed girl is going to be the death of me.