SHE

***Camila’s House*** 

Camila walked towards the front double doors, took a deep breath and finally opened the door.

 “Jason!!!” She scream in her high pitched voice in surprise and jumped towards her cousin to give him a hug. “What are you doing here?” She squealed, hugging him again.

“Well, I was flying into L.A. tomorrow to work with Lauren anyways, and when Dylan called me last night to let me know how the performance had gone, he told me you guys would be collaborating. There was no way I was missing that.” He said with a smirk. “So I changed my flight to Orange County instead, no biggie.” He smiled.

Jason and Lauren had managed to stay close throughout the years. He had been producing music for both Camila and Lauren.

“Dylan in the studio?” He said walking towards the back of the house as he dropped his luggage.

 “Yeah! I guess it’s just one big party today huh?” She said sarcastically with a smile.

Both Dylan and Jason sat in chairs watching Camila pace back and forth bopping her head to the beat the two boys had just put together. She was enjoying every second of it and knew which lyrics she wanted to intertwine with the music. Camila walked into the booth and placed her headphones on her ears. 

 “Play the track again.” She said swaying her head to the music with a smile on her face.

 She closed her eyes and started singing.

 She has no problem with secrets
She knows how to keep them
She never felt the need to let them show
And I've had no trouble with speaking
Or trusting my instincts
That maybe this is one that I should know
But as I'm waiting there
The devil on my shoulder stares
Laughing that the one thing I can't get
Is what I need

She, She is the words that I can't find
How can the only thing that's killing me make me feel so alive
And I couldn't speak
I couldn't breathe to save my life
All of my chances swim like sinking ships
This time it's it
I'll drown or make her mine

My vocal chords have been fighting

My mouth likes to spite me

It never says the words that come to mind

I brought a stick to a gun fight

And I'm stuck with my tongue tied

I run but I can't hide what's always there is

 Both of them absolutely lost in how smoothly Camila delivered each lyric. She kept her eyes closed with one hand holding her headphones to her ears and her other hand guiding each note she sang completely lost in her own world.

~BUZZ-BUZZ~ 

“Did you hear that?” Jason asked looking at Dylan.

“It’s probably Lauren.” Dylan replied so lost in the music and Camila’s lyrics that he just kept bopping his head as he watched her continue to sing.

“I’ll grab her.” Jason said walking towards the front door.

Jason opened the door to see Lauren with a surprised look on her face.

“Jasooo---“ she began to say and was quickly interrupted as he grabbed her arm and dragged her to the back of the house into the studio.

“Sorry Laur, but Mila is laying down a song right now and I don’t want to miss it.” Jason said walking a bit faster than before dragging Lauren along.