Luck or Fate

***Flashback 8 months before The Grammys, Jauregui Residence, Malibu, CA***

Lauren sat on the recliner, a perfect view of the Pacific Ocean in front of her. It was a beautiful day so she decided to finish her song writing outside where she could take in the glorious weather. She closed her eyes, took in a deep breath, the strong smell of salt water invading her senses, along with it, an infinite amount of memories of a brown-eyed girl she loved so much, prompting her to smile and with that sense of happiness came heartache. Heartache at the realization that the brown-eyed girl she loved so much was now someone she used to know, a distant memory.

She fluttered her eyes slowly, emerald gems lost in the vast blue in front of her as she tapped her pencil back and forth on her music journal. She’s kept a journal, filling one after the other of random lyrics, full songs; whatever emotion poured out of her she wrote down, it was like her diary. She ran inside, upstairs to her room grabbing an old dusty journal, making her way back outside sitting on her recliner. She stared at the old journal, feeling as if open the old journal would open up emptions she locked away for a very long time.

She took a deep breath, “it’s fine,” she whispered to herself, “it’s fine, you can do this…” she tapped her fingers on the dusty, old journal, “just open it,” and she did.

She opened it to a random page…MIRRORS. She read over the lyrics she wrote years ago, there was enough there for a song, an AMAZING song, but she never wanted to record it. It didn’t feel right to Lauren after she and Camila fell apart. To her, it was unfinished, maybe because deep in her heart, she always felt like she and Camila were just like this song...UNFINISHED.

“Hmmm, girl you’re my reflection,” she leaned back on the recliner, closing her eyes, putting her head phones on, “all I see is you,” she sang as the lyrics came to her, “girl you’re my reflection…” she smiled with her eyes still closed, “…in everything I doooo…” she smiled at the memories that flooded her, fueling the lyrics that came to mine, “…you are, you are the love of my life, you are, you are the love of my life…”

***4 Months before The Grammys, Lasner Residence, Brentwood, CA 1AM***

Dylan sat in the studio, waiting for Lauren to arrive, as he played with the control panels. He continued to mix beats, bopping his head to the music.

He shrieked as he swiveled his chair around, “you scared the shit out of me Laur,” he said breathing heavily, “I told you to text me when you were here,” he watched her amused face.

Lauren continued to laugh, “wow that was a girly scream,” he rolled his eyes, “I was going to text you, but where’s the fun in that,” she flicked his ear.

“Ow! Lauren!” She just continued to laugh as he stared her down, “lets get to work, fun work,” he couldn’t help but laugh with his best friend, turning his attention back to the control panels as she laid on the couch that was against the left side, “do you think it’s weird we tend to do our best work in the middle of the night?” he swiveled his chair to look at her.

“Nope!” she smiled from ear to ear,  “you and I are two peas in a pod, we work best at night,” they both nodded in agreement.