*Chapter Twenty-Six*

*Third Person’s POV*

He heard chains rattling, and his eyes picked out the outline of the moving figure. It was a male, and his hair was blonde. Almost immediately, he recognized the resemblance between this guy and the pureblood he just killed. He marched up to him and was planning to do some damage and force the location of Azura out of him when he heard a weak groan.

The sound was feeble and unsteady. It was so weak that Damien had to strain his ears to hear it, but one thing was clear: never in a hundred years would he ever forget that voice. He totally forgot that Lyorin was supposed to get her out of here. There was no way he could and would leave her here. He searched for her, and his eyes landed on a crumbled figure on the ground. Panic swelled in his chest, and he rushed to the figure’s side. He gently lifted her up. Blood was everywhere on her shirt, face, and hair.

“Hold on,” he said. “I’m freeing you.”

Two bullets were fired, and he carried her easily in his arms.

Her eyelids trembled, but she didn’t open her eyes. Her breathing was shallow, and it worried him.

He twisted around to see the pureblood staring at him. Frustration filled him.

“I’m not freeing a look-alike of someone who tried to kill me.”

The pureblood’s head snapped up. Surprise then comprehension dawned on him.

“If the look-alike you’re talking about is Flora, I’ll admit that she’s my sister. However, I couldn’t care less about a traitor’s life or death. Free me if you want, but I won’t beg you.”

Rumors are right, thought Damien bitterly. Purebloods really are the most arrogant creatures ever alive.

Shooting precisely at the shackles, they shattered and crumbled to dust.

Lyorin’s fist made contact with the face of a guard, and the guard flew back, becoming ashes as he did so. He leaned his face back just as a blade pierced the air just above his face. His own hand closed around the blade, and the ghostly black and white flame spread from his hand to the blade and eventually onto the guard, turning him into a pile of useless ash as well. A ball of black flame with wisps of white entangling in it shot towards a third guard, burning him alive. His eyes glowed bright silver. The rest of the guards halted. Lyorin could see the apprehension crystal clear in their eyes.

‘Calm down.’

‘I don’t have time,’ he snapped back.

A trail stream of black and white flame spiraled upwards, and it shot ruthlessly at the guards around him like a snake, piercing them in a second.

He spun on his heel and ran down the corridor, heading for the scent he had caught on a while back. He had an ominous feeling that tonight, secrets would come out.

A guard stepped out in front of him. He could see the terror in his eyes as he raised his hand. A ball of flame quickly raced towards a guard, hitting him square in his chest. He didn’t last a second.

“Damn,” he muttered and turned around the tortuous corridor. He knew that anytime soon, either Laire or Josephine would appear. His thought was solely focused on Azura. If he wasn’t wrong, Damien was probably already with Azura. He felt anxiety settle once again in his stomach.

The scent of blood was getting a lot stronger, and he slowed down. He could already see the open dungeon door. The flame around him disappeared. He prayed that he wasn’t late end entered the room. His eyes landed on Azura in Damien’s arms.