*Chapter Twenty-Two*

I changed the title and cover. The title because it was more relevant, and the cover because...it looks nicer. XD

*Chapter Twenty-Two*

*Third Person’s POV*

Swarms of insects buzzed around incessantly, and the humid weather was getting on Lyorin’s nerves. He made his way through the waist-tall grass and strange exotic plants. The dim moon above his head told him that it was little past midnight. Nocturnal animals prowled the forest. More than half of the creatures inhabiting in this forest was highly poisonous, lethal to human beings. If he wasn’t wrong, he remembered that the humans nearby had a legend about this area. It was a legend that made the humans shy away from this tropical forest. It made him wonder why his target would choose such a place where there was no prey to feed on.

From what he figured out from Azura, Damien disliked vampires as much as Azura did. He would rather starve himself than kill a human. Is that why he chose such a place? After a second thought, he shook his head. Princess couldn’t be wrong. Damien was at the verge of losing himself and descending into a rogue. He knew that he had extremely limited time left to find him.

His sharp senses took over, and he smelled a faint trace of blood. Following the trail, he stopped in front of a large tropical tree. The smell of decay had confirmed his fear, but just to be sure, he bent over. He carefully parted the lush grass and peered inside. It was a corpse, not only a dead body but a completely drained dead body. No animals had dared to approach it, and judging by the decay the drained body’s state was in, Lyorin could assume that it had been at least a week. He took in the rifle beside him and the uniform as well as the broken neck. The guy was an animal hunter. He probably didn’t even see his killer before his neck was snapped in two.

Lyorin closed his eyes and relaxed himself. The animals around him suddenly scurried away in fear. When Lyorin opened his eyes once again, they were empty and a shade darker. He had completely loosened his control over his vampire nature.

Unlike a normal or converted vampire, purebloods have absolute power over their bodies. They can willingly let their vampire senses take over, much like a werewolf letting its inner wolf out. In this state, he would have more control over his senses, and it would make finding Damien much easier. To make things easier, the current state Lyorin had let himself in is the state that rogue vampires would be in for the rest of their existence. A pureblood can regain its power over its blood thirst once it wants to while a rogue could not.

It wasn’t the best way Lyorin could think of, but it was the best he could come up with in such a short time.

Like a bullet shot out of the gun, the pureblood shot towards the closest scent of a vampire.

*Azura’s POV*

My fingers tingled with…power. It was something I had never experienced. I felt something warm resting on my chest, and with a jolt, I realized that it was actually the necklace the bizarre woman had given me a while back. I reached into my shirt and took out the necklace. The serpent was giving off a faint flow, and the two emerald gems shone with an eerie aura.

‘Control your energy. You wouldn’t want anyone seeing you glowing like this.’

In total shock, I almost dropped the pendant. The telepathic message that appeared in my head was as clear as a voice talking to me right next to me. Almost immediately, my eyes flickered to my hand.

It was right. I was glowing.

I gawked at the object in my hand, completely at a loss for words. I’ve heard about prisoners going insane after being locked in a cell for a long period of time, but this? I had only been locked here for less than a day for god’s sake! I was pretty sure that talking to an inanimate object such as a pendant would be as useless as -