*Chapter Ten*

*Chapter Ten*

A small laugh escaped my lips.

“Are you mad? That's impossible,” I told him smugly.

“You sure you won't want to try?”

Something in his tone caused me to hesitate. He released me, and I immediately put a large gap in between us.

“You want to know about your past, don't you? Let me tell you something,” he lowered his voice and licked his blood stained lips - my blood. “I know exactly who left the bite mark on you. All you have to do is do what I asked you to. It can't be that hard, can it?”

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist.

“That blonde human boy. What's his name? Damon? David? There were also two other humans. I gave the blonde guy a gift since he was the most agitated one.”

My heart jumped to my throat, and my entire posture was rigid. I searched his face for any signs that he might've harmed him. It was passive.

“A gift?” I said slowly and warily.

“Yes, a gift to immortality,” he grinned.

My eyes widened, and before I could stop myself, I punched him in the face. I heard a crack, and he raised a shocked hand to his nose. His eyes were wide with disbelief. The next second, I was thrown across the corridor. My body collided with the hard floor, and I felt myself being lifted up. I gasped and coughed blood when his hand pierced through me.

Surely someone would notice the scent of the blood...

“I have already set up a barrier in this corridor. I'm not stupid,” he informed me.

“Why...me?” I gasped and sunk down to the floor, each word was like pouring salt over my wound. “I'm not...even...a pureblood.”

“Because only towards you, Lyorin will ever lower his guard,” he smirked at my puzzled expression.

“Asshole,” I growled.

I tried to stand up but failed miserably.

“Remember, the time limit is the day Lyorin succeeds the throne,” he said with an evil glint in his eyes.

That was in just a few months!

“If you breathe a word to anyone, you can assume that your human friends are dead, and word that that you're not a pureblood will spread through the mansion faster than you can blink.”

With that, he vanished.

I heard footsteps coming my way, and I pulled myself up using all the strength I had left in me.

“Azura?!”

I felt my knees give away. Thankfully, before I could fall, I felt a strong arm wrap itself around my waist. Lyorin.

“Shit, what happened?!”

I glanced up and a pair of concerned eyes took in my form. His eyes widened, and the shock transformed into pure rage. With one swift motion, he carried me in his arms.

My eyelids grew heavier, and I felt us come to a stop. There was a click, and I felt myself being gently laid on the bed. I tried to resist the lethargy that was threatening to overcome me, but it was futile.

“Don't fall asleep,” he warned me, and I felt the mattress sink under his weight.

He knows...

Josephine knows that I'm not a pureblood...

I was just about to drift off to sleep when a scent hit me. It was the scent of blood, yet I have never smelled such an intoxicating scent. I forced my eyes open, and I took in the bleary image of a line of crimson. The cut wasn't even that big, but it attracted me like a bee to honey. My thoughts started to swirl, but the only thing my mind could process was the scent of his blood. My eyes were trained on the blood. I reached out with a shaky hand and clasped it around his wrist.