*Chapter Twelve*

*Chapter Twelve*

The smile on my face was starting to hurt. I felt the strong hand intertwining my own much more feminine ones to tighten in warning. Taking in a silent deep breathe, I stepped out and focused on keeping my one of my feet in front of the other. The servants all bowed in respect. Emily, Lyorin's mother, smiled at us with just a slight concern in her eyes. I smiled back to reassure her.

Thankfully, the torturing walk from the mansion to the Evaldor's private plane wasn't that long. The pilot nodded and bowed at us. Lyorin tugged at my hand, and together, we went up the stairs and into the private plane. I couldn't help but look around in amazement; I've never been on a plane. It fascinates me that a piece of metal screwed together would be able to fly like the birds on earth. Of course, I kept my awed expression to myself.

Lyorin waited until the pilot was in the cockpit and dropped my hand. At the same time, the fake smile I've been having all afternoon also dropped. Since the plane was designed for vampires, the walls were naturally sound-proof to even our sensitive hearings.

“Where are we going?”

It was so last minute that the last thing that had happened before I was dragged out of my room was Anna shoving clothes into a bag on Lyorin's order. Thanks to that, Lyorin's little minion couldn't come with us because he was far away doing his bodyguard job with another vampire.

“A meeting with the Royal Family. They need to approve my choice of the bride since I'll be the next successor.”

That was pretty sudden. There I was, thinking it was some sort of emergency.

“You don't need me once you get your position, right?” I didn't wait for his reply. “What are you going to do with me?”

“I'll let you go.”

I carefully observed his expression while not seeming to do so. It didn't take a genius to figure out that that was a lie or at least not the entire truth.

“About my past,” I brought it up. “You know that I won't be able to figure out a thing by myself, right?”

“I never said I would help you in the deal. I said it would be easier for you to find out about it if you were in my family.”

Anger flared within me. He knows as well as I do that every movement in the castle ground was watched. Sneaking around by myself was obviously not an option unless I want to get myself killed. I saw him smirk.

“A deal's a deal. I'll make sure that you find out about your past before I let you go.”

I stared at him. I didn't expect him to be actually considerate.

“There,” he said, “you have my promise.”

The rest of the ride was in silence. A stewardess had come over and gave us each a glass of blood. I was way too preoccupied in my thoughts to drink it, and I was vaguely aware of the slight hint of flirt in her tone as she collected our glasses. I really think that the only reason why he didn't go to the bathroom with her and have some fun was because he didn't want to ruin his reputation.

“Go change; don't ruin my family's image.”

I rolled my eyes but complied. As soon as I was in the bathroom, I stripped my simple polka dotted dress off and changed into a much more luxurious dress. I personally hated wearing these clothing as it would hinder me if a fight were to break out. I took out the matching bright red heels and put them on. Thanks to Anna, I had learned how to put the basic makeup by myself without making myself look like a panda. Trying not to stagger, I went out of the bathroom and sat as lady-like as I could next to Lyorin. He raised an eyebrow at my attire but didn't comment.