*Chapter Twenty-Four*

*Azura’s POV*

Josephine tackled me to the floor and pinned me beneath him.

“Where is it?” he snapped.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I spoke and clenched my teeth. His hold around my neck didn’t seem to lessen.

His eyes flickered to my neck, and I froze. His fingers brushed across my skin as he lifted the chain around my necklace up. Bringing my leg up, I kicked him in his stomach and rolled over. The necklace slipped out from underneath my shirt, and I saw Josephine’s eyes narrow.

“Give it to me.”

“Not going to be this easy,” I grumbled and stood up.

‘There’s no point in hiding now,’ the voice appeared in my head. ‘You should be able to use my power freely.’

“How?”

Josephine’s eyes stared intently into mine. He probably guessed that I was communicating with a necklace.

‘You don’t have to voice your thoughts out loud. I can hear them anyways. I’m not quite sure since my previous owners all learnt it themselves’

I skipped back and leaned sideways as Josephine charged at me. I was at a complete disadvantage with my hands bound. I ducked Josephine’s attack, but he quickly struck his hand out. The side of his hand made contact with my stomach, and I went flying backwards.

‘You have so much explanation to do,’ I grumbled in my mind and added. ‘This feels so weird.’

I raised my bounded hands to the corner of my mouth and wiped the blood away. Sparks shot out from the collar around my neck, but it couldn’t harm me because of the glow that now enveloped me. I bit into the rope, trying to loosen the ropes around my wrist. Josephine ran towards me, and I sidestepped.

“Running won’t help,” he said firmly.

I inhaled sharply when I saw his hand inches away from my throat. I raised my leg and kicked him in his chest. It wasn’t that effective, but at least I had managed to put a decent distance between us.

I was almost there…

The rope broke free, and my hands shot up to block Josephine’s next attack. I grabbed his hand and pulled, using his momentum to make him lose his balance. His other hand reached out to grab me, but it was too late. I brought his head down with my unoccupied hand, and my knee struck him square in his jaw. I could feel the power tingling in my body.

“Jose!” Flora yelled, and she rushed over to us. I saw her whip out a blade from a sheath around her waist.

“You dirty bitch!” Kaiden yelled from the side. “She doesn’t have a weapon!”

Flora ignored him and stood protectively in front of Josephine. I saw Josephine place a calming hand on her shoulder, and she glanced back surprised. Josephine rubbed the blood away from his chin with the back of his hand and faced me.

“Flora, I’ll deal with her.”

Reluctantly, she sheathed her sword. She shot me a glare before backing away.

“I never knew you were such an obedient little female dog.”

The response was faster than I expected. The sword was withdrawn in an instant, and she lunged at me. Her blade cut through a few strands of my hair as I leaned away to avoid the attack. My hand shot out to grab her wrist, and I twisted it. She screamed out in pain, and I heard Josephine yell out her name. I yanked the blade away from her and pressed the side of the blade to her neck, drawing blood. She froze at the same time as Josephine. I saw a spark of hope lit up in the other captives’ eyes.