*Chapter Five*

*Chapter Five*

“I think you're talking about a fairly tall pureblood with black hair. Silver and red iris with a blue headed little mini - never mind. Why?” I said warily.

Anyways, he was the only other pureblood. He seemed amused at me slip.

“Yes, that's exactly him. He has to choose a bride soon, yet he is taking way too long. His parents are getting rather annoyed,” he explained with a smile. “I'm here to take him back.”

I nodded hesitatingly.

“You can stay in this town until you find him,” I told him and turned around to leave.

“Actually,” he drawled. “After looking for him for so long, I'm quite thirsty.”

My instinct took over, and I immediately took three large strides away from him. I whipped around and watched him cautiously. He grinned, showing his sharp fangs.

“Your intuition is pretty good,” he praised, “but,” he paused, and I stood rooted to the spot, frozen with shock, “you're just a mere vampire.”

His left hand was on the back of my head, holding me firmly in place. His other hand held both my wrists behind my back. I tried to push him away, but it was like a human pushing against a car; it was futile.

“I hope you know that purebloods generally feed on other vampires,” he whispered against my neck, and I shuddered at the cold breath against my neck. “The predator has become the prey,” he chuckled amused.

He pressed me sharply to his chest to muffle my cry of protests. His sharp fangs sank into my flesh, and pain exploded at the spot where his fangs had sunk into. I could feel the warm liquid flowing down the curve of my neck. I desperately tried to push him away, but he was way too strong for me.

Suddenly, he jumped away. A blur of black was in his place. Due to both the shock and the loss of blood, my head swam, and I felt lethargic.

“Kaiden, what are you doing here?” a voice rang out in the clearing.

To my ultimate shock, I recognized that voice. Just to reassure myself, I raised my head to glance up.

It was indeed him, the pureblood from yesterday. Even though I was not a pureblood, I could easily sense the power radiating out of him. His messy raven black hair reminded me of the dark night. In fact, his entire form, ranging from the way he walked to the unique silver and red eyes all enhanced his real nature - a true creature of the night, a pureblood.

“Ah, Lyorin, nice to see you too. How else am I supposed to get you to come to me?” the blond joked.

Lyorin? That was his name? It was quite an usual name.

“What do you want?” he asked coldly.

“To take you back, of course,” Kaiden replied, now serious.

“I thought I told them I won't go back.”

“What's so damn hard to just choose a random girl?” any trace of humor was gone, and Kaiden's words were fueled by anger. “You don't have to care about shit other than get a wife and happily get the throne. Why do you always complicate everything?!”

Lyorin didn't lose his temper like his brother.

“Kaiden,” he said calmly, “if I don't get back, you can get the throne - ”

I winced when Kaiden punched Lyorin straight in the face. Lyorin's head snapped to the side, and Kaiden grabbed his collar. His eyes burned with anger, but there was something else in them - a deep sorrow.

“Don't ever say that. You give up everything. Everything,” Kaiden said softly.

I couldn't help but notice that there is a significant meaning behind those words.

Lyorin's black hair fell over his eyes, making it impossible for me to see what he was feeling. He didn't deny whatever his brother accused him of. With shaking hands, the blond let go of him. His expression was full of disgust.

“You know the rule,” his voice was low. “You need a Queen by your side if you want to rule.”

“I said,” Lyorin replied in the same tone, “I will not get a pureblood bride.”

Kaiden looked like he was about to hit him again, but he managed to restrain himself at the last moment. He lowered his fist, but it stayed clenched by his side. A string of curse words left his mouth.

“Go ahead, get banned. I don't give a shit,” he glowered at him.

“I won't get banned,” he didn't raise his voice, but Kaiden stopped in his track. “I just won't get a pureblood bride.”

The confusion that was in Kaiden's eyes vanished, and it was only replaced by shock and horror.

“I've had enough of pureblood females,” Lyorin said before Kaiden could utter a word.

“Who are you choosing?” Kaiden finally spoke.

I didn't like the way those silver and red eyes landed on me. At all.

I didn't like the way Kaiden followed his brother's gaze and landed on me as well.

I didn't like the astonished and horrified look on Kaiden's face, and I really didn't like the next word that rolled off Lyorin's tongue.

“Her.”