*Chapter Twenty*

*Chapter Twenty*

Blood, the warm, sticky liquid was everywhere.

It covered my hand and dripped down the front of his shirt. Red splatters covered the white tiles on the floor.

Vampires should thrive in blood, yet this felt so inapt.

No, it didn’t feel right.

It felt anything but right as the blade dug into his flesh, causing blood to flow freely out of his body.

The blade dropped onto the tiles with a loud clatter in the silent night, and I totally forgot about it. I raised my own hands in front of me. The vile liquid covered every inch of my hand. The blood was unnaturally bright in color. It was crimson to the extent that it hurt my eyes by merely watching it.

Why was there so much blood?

The answer was simple; I was too much of a coward to drive the blade through his heart. At the last moment, I changed the direction of the blade.

“You…missed by an inch,” he clutched his hand to his heart, and in front of my very eyes, the bleeding was slowing down. The edge of the wound was already a raw red scar.

Purebloods and their notorious healing abilities.

He winced. I took a few steps back and stumbled in my step.

“Why are you so calm?” I accused and trained my eyes on him in anger. “You should kill me for attempting to slice your head off.

Finally, a small spark of anger filled his eyes. At least it was a reaction, I thought.

“You really think I would hurt you?”

“I tried to kill you!” I cried in disbelief.

“You didn’t.”

“Look at this!” I gestured to the ground with a wide wave of my hand. “Is all this blood not enough for you?!”

“You’re upset over the fact that I’m not angry at you,” he finally guessed my thought with wide eyes.

I snorted.

No exaggeration that males are slow.

“I deserve to be screamed, yelled, anything but this,” I said perfectly serious. “I don’t deserve this serenity you have.”

“I’m relieved,” he finally said.

The first thought that crossed my mind was if he’d lost his mind along with the blood he’d lost.