*Chapter One*

As you read on, you many notice that it sounds cliché. I can promise you that it's not! There will be twists and surprises, and in this story, vampires certainly don't sparkle. There will be blood spilt (in the book of course). Oh, if you read the italics one after the other, they're sentences linked together.

***

©2011 The_Black_Butterfly

All rights reserved

Chapter One*

Creatures of the night.

I twisted around my heel, and my elbow made a sickening contact. Taking advantage of the shock, I smirked before pulling out the gleaming blade that I strapped around my thigh so I could use it any time I wanted to.

Who take the appearance of their favorite prey: humans.

With absolutely no hesitance, I stuck the blade into its chest. The burning red eyes widened in shock before it turned completely into ashes.

Superb physical strength with abnormally enhanced senses.

I leaned sideways just as a claw shot towards my neck. I grabbed hold of the outstretched arm and pulled it closer.

Notorious for their pride of their species and their insatiable craving of fresh blood.

My knees struck its stomach, and mercilessly, I decapitated it with a single smooth arc.

One of the most ancient beings ever alive.

The wind carried the ashes away with a gentle blow. A third one leaped out from a tree, fangs bared. I shook my head. It's pitiful the way they are being driven mad by blood.

As well as one of the most highly respected beings.

I ducked smoothly.

...but not anymore.

My hair gleamed snow white under the silvery moonlight. Blocking his attack with the blade, my other hand whipped out and enclosed around its skull.

The highly respected purebloods have almost died out.

A sickening crush reverberated around the empty park. The skull crushed to nothing, and blood covered my entire hand.

Leaving their world to be run by blood driven rogues.

I closed my eyes and raised my head to the moon.

They are the vampires.

Any time now...

“Azura!”

“What?” I replied, slightly annoyed that someone had disturbed my peace.