Chapter 9

The three of us went walking down this gravel road til they hit pavement road again. "Ugh were getting nowhere. We're not gonna find anything." Mikayla said. They kept walking a little ways when I saw something. "Oh my God guys look! What is that?" I asked. It was far away but it looked yellow. We ran to it and it ended up being a yellow hummer. "Whoa! I love these things!" Kian said. We checked the inside and Noone was in there. Kian popped open the trunk and it was weapons galore. "Oh my fucking gun we hit the jackpot!" I said a little bit too loudly. "Kianna! Shush! What if someone's out here watching us? They could kill us for this stuff!" Kian said putting his hand over my mouth. But It was too late at this point when we heard the cocking back of guns. "Step away from the car." A voice said and we put the guns we had on the trunk. But Kian still had his pistol in his pants. "Who are you and why are you here?!" We turned around to see two guys standing there with guns pointed at us. "I'll explain." Mikayla said and both Kian and I look just at her. "Okay so my friends and I here are just trying to survive this zombie apocalypse. We almost got attacked by them twice." Mikayla said with her voice shaking. "And the other people in our group was attacked. Two of them were killed by zombies and the other, my boyfriend, was bitten and had to be shot. We were walking to find more people to team up with to kill zombies with and get to a safer place." She said now 'crying'. "Hmm. Okay. Prove it. Do you have any weapons that have blood on them?" The first guy said. I then pulled out Jc's knives. "Okay I trust you, put those back in your pack now." He said and I did so. "I'm PJ. This is Chase. We have been preparing for this apocalypse for a long time. That's why we have a military vehicle and all those weapons." PJ said. "So can we team up with you guys? We have no idea what we're doing. Like seriously we don't know we're to go or even where we are to be honest." I said.
"Yeah you guys can. Just don't stab us in the back. Literally and figuratively." PJ laughed. He was scrawny with brown hair and fairly tall. Chase was around the same height possibly a little shorter with curly ass mop of brown hair. PJ was creepily eyeballing me, so I just went over to Kian and entwined my hand in his to show that I was taken. Chase was blushing everytime he glanced over at Mikayla. I could tell he liked her. Kian walked over to Mikayla with me following. "Bro, why did you tell him that Jc was your boyfriend? You guys weren't remotely hooked up." Kian asked. "I know. I just wanted to make it more dramatic. I'm good at acting aren't I." Mikayla said and winked as she went over back to the hummer and stood next to Chase. And Chase just blushed some more. "Hey, I like your hair. It just looks so perfect." Mikayla said just trying to make small talk, she could tell Chase was a little nervous around girls. "Oh, thanks." Chase said. "Oh, you're arms look really built. Probably from all those heavy guns you've been lifting. May I feel them?" Mikayla asked twirling a piece of her hair. "Um sure." Chase said and flexed his arm. Mikayla then started squeezing his arm muscle and smiled. Kian and I walked by the slowly, and kinda coughed to get a message across. Mostly like this: "*cough* Mikayla has a crush *cough*" I coughed so she could hear. Mikayla definitely heard me and smacked me on my arm. "So what kinda weapons you got here?" Kian asked PJ who was standing by the trunk." Oh all sorts of them. By the way, we know all the routes here so we know where we're going at all times. There's a nearby abandoned hotel not far from here that we can stay at then hit the road in the morning." PJ said. "Sounds great!" I said. Then we all piled in the car and started heading to the hotel since it was starting to get dark...