A Paris

I loved Paris. The culture, the food, the fashion and the people. Paris was one of my favorite cities. This is definitely going to be the wedding of the year and I am really happy for Aurora, she is so sweet. There is something that doesn't feel right though...
Aurora and Dario.. They are completely different people and this news was a little surprising for me. I don't know why.. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

"Amore mio we're here."-Domenico says and caresses my arm. He was looking at me with his beautiful eyes, but there was something different.. Like he wasn't calm.

"Oh great!"-I say and get up.

We pull up in our hotel.

"Hello I'm mister Del Vecchio, we made a reservation here yesterday."-Domenico says to the receptionist.

"Right, welcome Sir. The royal suite on the third floor. Let me call someone to take your luggage."-the receptionist says and we go to the room.

When we got there the place was amazing.... Dreamy...

The room was in a beautiful beige color and it had a king sized bed in the middle of it

The room was in a beautiful beige color and it had a king sized bed in the middle of it. There were elegant furniture and from the balcony you could see the Eiffel Tower. It was so calm and beautiful, peaceful...

Domenico comes and wraps his arms around me:
"You like this?"-he asks kissing my cheek.

"I love it. It is so great and so far away from where we live."-I say.

"True, well we have to get to the Piemontes and see them. Tomorrow is the wedding remember?"-he says and smiles.

"Right, how could I forget. Well let's go than."-I say.

*****************************************************************

The gate opens as we enter Don Piemonte's mansion. (Yes, they have a mansion in Paris)
The house was almost as big as their house in New York. We get out of the car and get inside the house.

"Del Vecchio, Dianora come inside. I'm glad you came."-Salvatore Piemonti says. He stood there looking powerful and graceful and after him was his wife looking at me with pleading eyes. I still remember her words and I felt bad for her. I couldn't believe she had been through all those things because of her husband.

I say hello to her and then go to see Aurora and Lucia.

"They are in Aurora's room."-Mrs.Piemonte says.

I get up to her room and knock on the door than open it.

"Dianora!"-Lucia shouts and comes near me giving me a hug.

"How have you been?"-she asks.

"Great thank you, now where is the bride?"-I ask.

Lucia's face changes and she says:"Come on, follow me."

"Aurora, Dianora is here."-she says knocking on the door.

The door opens and Aurora comes out. She smiles weakly and hugs me.

"Hey, thanks for coming."-she says.

There was something wrong with her. She didn't look like the usual brides. There wasn't a big smile on her face, her eyes weren't shining, and she looked more pale than ever.

"What is happening?"-I thought.

We get inside her dressing room and see the wedding dress. It was a princess dress. White, puffy and with a long tail. She would look gorgeous on it.

"It is lovely, just like you. I suppose you are really exited about your big day tomorrow."-I say trying to cheer her up. But, it turned out the opposite of that.
Her eyes started filling with tears and she started to cry. She was crying like someone was tearing her apart. She drops down and I holds her hands to her face.

"Dianora, if only you knew, if only you knew the hell I have been through these days!"-she says between sobs.

"What? Why? What is going on? Aurora please calm down and tell me what is happening?"-I ask getting on my knees and trying to wipe Aurora's tears.

"I.. I don't want to get married!"-Aurora says still crying.

"What? Well okay if you don't want to get married then don't. No one is forcing you cara please calm down."-I say hoping to stop her from crying.

"You don't understand, they are forcing me, my father is forcing me."

In that moment I freeze. How could someone force his own daughter to do something she doesn't want to? Mrs Piemonte was right.  How? How can a father condemn his daughter with suffer. She is his blood. He doesn't care about her?

"He is forcing me to marry someone I don't love."-she says and her tears don't stop, they keep falling like a river.-"He is going to kill me if I don't, like he probably did with my brother. And all this for power, more, more power. That's all he wants, all he cares about."

"I.. I don't know what to say. I wish I could do something to help you."-I say and I could feel my eyes watering too.

"There is nothing you can do. Dianora, if only we weren't born in this world."-she says and I could feel my tears falling.

........

We get to our hotel and it took me quite some effort not to do something to Salvatore Piemonte.

"Are you okay?"-Domenico asks noticing my condition.

"No I'm not really, Salvatore is forcing Aurora to get married. She doesn't want to.. He is a monster Domenico. I wish I could do something to help her."-I say.

Domenico hugs me and brings me closer to him:
"I'm sorry, but there is nothing we can do. Those are family business another we can't get in the middle of those things. You know the rules."-he says and I could sense from his voice that he felt bad too.

She was right about all of us part of this world. We are condemned to suffer......