Pain

I freeze. The man lifts a little Gabriele's body and than drops it to the floor.
"G-Gabriele?"-I stutter.

He opens his eyes and looks at me. There is blood coming out of his stomach.

"-It's ok, you are going to be alright. You promised me that you would protect me right? And you can't do that by giving up."

But he is not, he is not going to be alright. I know it, he knows it too. I look into his blue eyes and tears start falling from my eyes.

"-Tu sei una donna d'onore. Debi essere forte. (You are a woman of honor, you should be strong.) I'm am sorry I couldn't protect you. I failed you signorina."

And with that he closes his eyes.

"You did your best, you were a good friend Gabriele."-I say crying.

"This is all your fault!!!"-I turn around and hit the man. Hard. But it seemed like it didn't hurt him that much. Than he slaps me across the face.

"Senti principessa. Now I own anything and I own you too. You saw what happens when you don't do as I say."

"YOU KILLED HIM! You killed my friend."

"Yes and I also killed your father. I was waiting all these years to do that and now I did it."

"YOU KILLED MY FATHER!!" My blood was boiling and I try to grab a vase but the man stops me.

"A a I don't think so signorina." He grabs me by my hair and drags me to the basement.

"You don't get out of here."-He says as he locks the door.

I lay down in the cold floor with my warm tears going down on my cheeks. This man killed my father, and my people. He took everything from me leaving me in pain. And now I let this pain and darkness surround me like a blanket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morning.
I can feel is morning, hopefully the morning when I realize this is just a nightmare, but no. It isn't. the nightmare is actually real no matter how much I rub my eyes, or cry my father is gone, Gabriele too and now I have to fight. To get my revenge.

I hear footsteps and the door opens. That man comes in with a croissant and a glass of water.
"Eat this!"-he says.

How does he have the courage to yell at me? To lay his filthy hands on me?
I throw him what he brought me and he doesn't look happy. He grabs my arms and pins me up against the wall.

"Didn't your father told you that you should have manners principessa?"-he says.

"He did, but to people who understand them, not animals."

"So you think I'm an animal? Well let me tell you that I am not... I am much worse. And since you don't want to eat you can starve for all I care.- he angrily says and walks out locking the door again.