Fear you

Dianora's POV
I'm home now. I am supposed to be safe, but...... I'm scared. So scared.
He shot him, in the head, without blinking. Just like that. He was ready to kill him with his bare hands, and than he shot him.

Yes, that man was evil, and yes the mafia doesn't forgive, but that scared me. What I saw scared me. What he has probably done before that scares me.

I am living with a man I fear, and at the same time with a man I crave. I am afraid to get out of my room. To see him...

I don't know what to do.

I have to get out of my room to get some water and I am feeling hungry since I haven't eaten for a while.

I open the door of my room and walk out trying to make less noise as possible, he probably is out right now and I really wish I don't see him. I get downstairs at the kitchen and fill a glass of water.

"Okay, call me when it's done."-I hear a voice...
It's him. It's Domenico. Oh Dio what am I going to do now? How will I get upstairs?

I could see one of his man leaving and Domenico coming downstairs from the other staircase. Good, I hope he doesn't see me..

Slowly, I start climbing the stairs; I think I made it. I was almost there when I hear him say my name:

"Dianora."-he says.

My heart was beating fast, I couldn't move. I just stood there, my body frozen.

HE WAS GETTING CLOSE TO ME!

That's when I get myself together and fasten my steps. I walk through the halls and straight to my room. I knew he was following me so I lock the door.

"Dianora, open the door!"-he says.-"Dianora, NOW!"

I couldn't answer, I didn't wanted to answer. I felt powerless and afraid... Afraid of him.

I could still hear him banging on the door and asking me to open it, but I didn't do anything. After a while the banging and yelling stopped and I went by the window to get some air and calm myself down.

He killed that man, just like that... Like he was an insect.

He did it to protect you! You would be in danger if he was free. The voice inside me tries to reason. Why would he want to protect me so much when it would be much easier for him if I was dead anyway.

Maybe because...

Again another movement in the door, but this time the door opens and Domenico stands now in front of me. He was holding a plate with food and a glass of juice.

"What are you doing here?"-I ask him.

"Maybe I should be the one asking you why did you close the door and didn't answer me. Are you avoiding me?"-he asks, his brows frowned. Than he continues:-"I always have a spare key so I opened the door, and you haven't eaten all day. I'm pretty sure that water you drank is not going to be enough, so I brought you something to eat here in your room."

He got in, and he is not screaming and threatening like he usually does? He brought me food?

"Thank you, but I am not hungry."-I say.

"You are, why do you do this?"-he says and comes closer to touch me, but I step back.
I was afraid of him, of his electrifying touch I craved, I didn't saw evil in his eyes, but I wasn't sure. I stepped back. I did that, I didn't wanted to do that..

Domenico's POV..
I try to get close to touch her, to see if she was alright and there it was... That look in her eyes I hoped I never see again. She looked at me just like the first night we met: with fear. She was afraid of me. I could see her hands in tight fists, notice her beautiful lips trembling and it caused a feeling I had never felt before. A lot of people saw me with fear, even worse than hers and I enjoyed it, I loved it, I felt powerful when people would look at me like that. But when she does... I feel powerless, is the last thing I want; I feel.... Hurt. Why does she always make me like this? I have find myself most of the time thinking about her. I get mad when she talks to other people and doesn't look at me when we are together and sometimes when she looks at me I feel in peace. Like I don't need the power I have, like all this hell I've been living in doesn't exist.

God, the only thing I need now is a pair of breasts since I'm already acting like a p_ssy.

I make one last attempt to get close to her and this time she doesn't step back. I'm glad, but I try not to show it.

"Principessa is something wrong?"-I ask caressing her cheek, but I already knew the answer..

Dianora's POV
"Principessa is something wrong?"-he asks caressing my cheek with the back of his hand and I could feel the warm feeling every time he touched me, I don't move, but I was still afraid and I'm pretty sure he knew that.

"You,, you.."-I didn't finished my sentence because he did.

"I killed Massimo."-he says.

"Yes, I told you not to do it.."-I say my voice weakening and tears streaming down my face.

He stays there and wipes my tears:"I did it to protect you, I would never let anyone hurt you. When I saw you there in that room I became mad, I wanted to kill him, he wasn't going to get away with it, especially because he dared to lay hand on you, I couldn't allow that, not him, not anyone else. I know what you saw scared you, I'm sorry."-he says.

"Yes, I am scared, all I can think about is that moment, his face and... you."-I was now trembling.

He comes close to me and puts his arms around me embracing me. I stopped trembling. Just a moment ago I was cold and now I feel warm, warm when his body comes close to mine.

I put my hand on his chest and my head in his shoulder:"I had never seen someone being murdered before and he killed one of his man, and than you killed him.."

"I'm sorry I should have known that, I shouldn't have done it like that, with you there. I know you feel scared right now, but I would never hurt you. I will always protect you, always hold you just like this, just like right now."-he says and lays me down, he also lays down with me just like that, with his suit on and grabs the blanket to cover.

"Sleep a little bit, you have been through a lot lately."-he says and pulls me close to his chest.

I close my eyes and inhale his cologne, I could hear his heartbeat. I couldn't sleep, occasionally I would move a little bit and Domenico would pull me even more closer as if there was any space between us. After a while I felt my eyelids getting heavier and finally I feel in a deep sleep...