Back to New York

We just landed in New York. This is definitely the longest flight I've done. Probably since Domenico was sitting next to me for 8 hours. Tonight we are going to settle in a hotel and tomorrow we will see the mafia heads.

I have actually missed New York, the cafés, the shops, the noisy yet beautiful lives and the amazing scenarios this city has to offer. After Milano, New York is my favorite city.

We see Alessandro waiting for us at the airport. It seems that he came earlier.

"Boss, signora Rossi you are here. Come on let's get to the limo to go to the hotel that we are staying."-Alessandro says.
-         -
  ~~~
-        -
"I called Don Piemonte the meeting will be tomorrow at 8:00PM in his house in Manhattan."-Domenico says.

"And all the mafia heads will be in there?"-I ask.

"I don't know exactly, but I suppose they will."-he says in a low voice not looking at me.

I don't know what is going to happen, but I'm positive that is not going to be good. There is something wrong going on considering the fact that is almost impossible for the mafia bosses to come together in one place.
//////////////////////////////----------////////////////////////////

We get out of the limo and go inside the building. The hotel was Langham Place, New York Fifth Avenue. I haven't been before, but I've heard good reviews.

"Mr Del Vecchio, Mrs Rossi. Welcome."-the receptionist greets smiling."Here is the key to your room."-he says and gives us a key.

Wait.. One key? But we are two!

"This is only one key."-Domenico says.

"Well yes sir this is the only room left."-the receptionist says confused.

"Wait there has to be a mistake we made a reservation here two days ago."-I say trying to keep my calm. How can this happen?

"We know, but there was only one room left and we thought you knew. Besides you two are a couple and one room is enough."

"You don't think and what we are is none of your concerns."-Domenico says calmly.
I don't understand him. How can he keep himself so calm in a situation like this.

"Is there anything you can do?"-I ask the receptionist worried.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but no. Now is peak season and all the rooms are occupied this is the only room. The royal suite."

It's late and we didn't make another reservation in another hotel...
"We'll take it."-Domenico says interrupting my thoughts.

He takes the keys and goes towards the stairs. There is no point in arguing it will attract more attention and it won't solve anything. So I follow him.
______________________________________________________
We get inside of the room. Well two rooms to be exact. The first one was like a salon with 2 big couches a fireplace and a glass table.
The other room was of curse the bedroom it had a king sized bed surrounded with curtains and from the windows you could see a beautiful view of the city.

"You can take the bed I will sleep in the other room on the couch."-Domenico says as he leaves the room.

Good, I won't sleep in the couch. Not because I can't, I mean I've slept in a basement, but I wouldn't like him to walk outside of his room into mine. I won't get out of this room and I will certainly order room service. I can't believe I'm actually stuck in the same hotel room with him.

I lay down for a little bit to regain my strength and to feel the soft silk sheets. Than I remove my make up and take off my clothes leaving myself only in my underwear.

 Than I remove my make up and take off my clothes leaving myself only in my underwear

As soon as I turn around to take one for my books I hear the door cracking. I turn myself around to see Domenico only in a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was still wet and I could see his bare chest, his abs and V-line continuing.. Basta Dianora!

"What are you doing here."-I ask him very frustrated.

He doesn't seem to hear though. His eyes were glued to my body roaming all over.

"Haven't you heard of knocking?"-I say waving my hands to get his attention.

"You have one of my bags."-he says coming closer.

"Hold on I will give it to you."-I say as I go to get his duffle bag.

I give the bag to him as he takes it slowly still looking at me.

"Now get out."

He goes away and opens the door, but stands there for a minute turning his head to me:
"By the way black looks good on you."