Emporio

"Get ready because we are going out."-Domenico says in a firm tone.

"Out? Why?"-I ask him.

"Preparations."-he says not giving me any other explanation.

"Preparations for what? It has only been two days since the ball, what else are you going to do?"

"God I hate when you ask so many questions."

"Well if you would have been clearer to what you say and if you explain yourself it would have been easier. It would have saved us a lot of time.. and patience."-I say.

"Well aren't you a smart one."-he says.

"Smarter than some people who wouldn't understand things even if you explained it to them clearly and in slow motion"

I realize that he got a bit angry. He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer forcefully.
"Watch your mouth amore I own you."-he says looking at me in the eyes.

"I don't belong to you. I am not one of your expensive suits or cars."-I say as I free myself from his grip.

"Whatever just be ready in fifteen minutes"-he says as he walks out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got ready. I put on a little bit of makeup and choose a black jumpsuit with a pair of grey pointed toe heels, I took my Gucci black bag and got out.

 I put on a little bit of makeup and choose a black jumpsuit with a pair of grey pointed toe heels, I took my Gucci black bag and got out

As I got downstairs I saw him waiting looking at his watch. He raises his head and looks at me:

"Finalmente principessa you honored us with your presence."-he says sarcastically.-"I am a busy man signorina and I don't have time all day to wait for you."

"And than you call me sarcastic."-I say.

"Well you are not the only one who has the ability to come with a good comeback."-he says raising his eyebrows. I'm assuming that he must be very proud of himself.

"So you do admit that my comeback was good."-I say to him.

"Let's go signorina I don't have time for your useless arguments."-he says as we walk to the car.
__________________________________________________

"So what are these preparations for?"-I ask him while he was driving.

He stays silent for a little, eyes on the road and than turns his head to me: "We are going to New York."

I was confused, why did we have to go to New York.
"So that's it? Just 'we are going to New York'? Why?"

"Well we have a meeting with the families. I am now the new boss in Sicily and you are Stefano's only child. I have to take care of the business.. That's what they told me."-Domenico says in his cold tone.