My true love

I open my eyes and feel the warm sun rays caressing my skin. The white walls of the room were shining, or at least they seemed like that to me. I had never had a peaceful sleep like this in a long time. I turn around thinking that I was alone in bed, but I see Domenico by my side sleeping peacefully.

It is true! It wasn't a dream. These thoughts made me smile. Domenico was laying there sleeping and I couldn't help but look at him. He looked different when he was sleeping, in peace and not the dangerous mobster everyone thinks he is. His beautiful face structure and beard made him look like a God.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"-he says smiling.

"Well I think it's cute."-I say.

"I think it's awkward."-he says.

I playfully slap him in the chest:"You weren't sleeping?"

"I was, they are just reflexes I'm used to. I can feel when someone is looking at me or coming towards me, even in my sleep."-he says.

"I see. That's why you thought it was awkward."-I say.

He smiles and stands up:"A little bit, but don't worry I will never get upset with anything you do."-he says and kisses my lips.

"So what are we going to do today?"-I say to him.

"I have to go and take care of some businesses, but I'll be back to pick you up at 4PM."-he says and kisses me on the forehead.

"Okay I can't wait."-I say grinning.

"Good now I have to get ready."-he says as he goes towards the bathroom to getting in the shower.

"Don't leave."-I say pouting and grabbing his hand.

"I don't want to amore, but I have to and you are making it very difficult for me."-he says and kisses my shoulder.

"It doesn't have to be difficult.."-I say as I kiss his neck.

"Principessa per favore! Okay than we can enjoy some more minutes... How about you join me in the shower?"-he asks smirking.
.....................................................................................

I hear the door knock.

"Come in!"-I say as I was wearing my sandals.

"Signorina Rossi? This just arrived for you."-the man says and when I turn around I see three bouquets of red roses.

"Grazie."-I say and take the flowers while the man leaves my room.

"For the most beautiful woman to ever live!
I am so glad and grateful for having you by my side.
You always manage to make me feel a better man.
Ti amo
Domenico!"

I smile, a big happy smile appears only myself face. I was happy. Just like a little kid. I was on the nine cloud and I never wanted this to stop. He loves me.. And I love him.
______________________________________

I get ready for my evening with Domenico.

I decide to wear my Balmain dress and Shoes. I do a smokey eye and put on a red lipstick. In that moment Domenico enters my room.
He comes behind me and wraps his arms around my waist while I was looking at the mirror.

"Sei cosi bella mio amore."(you are so beautiful my love.)-he says looking at me.
He was wearing a blazer jacket, Armani shirt and pants and a Fedora hat. We were both looking classy.

 We were both looking classy

"Thank you.. I'm ready."-I say,

"Great, let's go then."-he says opening the door for me.
____________________________________
"Thank you for the flowers they were beautiful."-I say to him.

"I'm glad you liked them."-he says as he holds my hand.

We were walking around the promenade of Bari. It was a great view. The sunset had arrived and the lights of the city started turning on. There was this big fountain and we were walking next to it.

"I've missed you today."-I say to him holding onto his arm.

"I felt the same, I couldn't even concentrate on the business. You make a very big distraction signorina Rossi."-he says and kisses my forehead.

"I'm so happy, I never thought I would be this happy ever again and well I'm a little scared."-I say to him.

Domenico looks at me with a worried expression:"Why are you scared?"

"I'm afraid this is going to end, that my happiness is going to be over."-I say thinking about what would happen.

He raises my chin with his finger and looks at me in the eye:"No one will ever take this away from us as long as I am here, I will always protect you and make sure there is a smile on your face."-he says and I hug him. In his hugs I felt safe, like nothing could ever hurt me and this is one of the things I love about Domenico.

We keep walking around the promenade.
Everything felt like heaven, the evening, the beautiful lights, the sound of the fountain, us...

"This is really romantic."-I say smiling.

"Yeah, it is. I bet you like these romantic things don't you principessa?"-Domenico asks laughing.

"No, actually I had never been one to dreams about romance, you have changed me signor Del Vecchio. You know this atmosphere reminds me of a song."-I say as a warm, soft wind started to blow.

"Special in every aspect I see, and what song this reminds you of?"-he says raising his eyebrows.

"It is called La vie en rose and is actually one of my favorite songs."-I say and start singing:"Hold me close and hold me fast the magic spell you cast, this is La Vie en Rose.."

"When you kiss me heaven sighs and thought I close my eyes I see La Vie en Rose"-Domenico completes.

"Well look at this, who would have thought you would know these songs,... Or any songs at all"-I say laughing.

Domenico grabs me and carries me bridal style:"Well what would a gentleman be without his charms and classic songs?"-he says smiling and kissing me. The kiss lasted for some time and than we pull away and I get down from his arms.

"You don't even use them. You don't need to be a gentleman with the others."-I say to him as he fixes his hat.

"True, but I need them when I'm in the company of a true lady like you."-he says smiling and taking my hand and I blush.
"How about we go to some place more comfortable?"-he says as we continue to enjoy the evening imagining La Vie en Rose being played.....