Arma

I open my eyes feeling the warm rays entering from the window. Domenico wasn't there anymore; he had left.
I get up from my bed and take a shower, after that I decided to go downstairs for breakfast.

The maid was putting the plates in the table when I sat, after me came Domenico.

"Do you feel better now?"-he asks me.

"Yes, much better. Thank you."-I reply.

"No problem, I left when I saw you were asleep."-he says.-"Dianora after you finish I would like you to come with me, there is something I need to show you."

"What is that?"-I ask.

"You will learn it."-he says.

After that we continue eating breakfast than he leaves. I finish my breakfast and go to my room to get dressed.

I put on a pair of black pants and my Alexander McQueen top

I put on a pair of black pants and my Alexander McQueen top. It seemed quite sunny so I think this would be appropriate. I don't even know where he is taking me.

I go outside and he was already waiting for me.

"Good, you came. Let's go."-he says, but one of his man come close to him.

"Sir, today we have to get the.."-I hear the man say, but he is interrupted by one of Domenico's glares.

"Tell him to wait for another day because it won't happen today."-Domenico says to him.

"Si signore."-the man says and leaves.

The driver opens the door and I get in the car, Domenico after me.

"You know if you have something to do, maybe this can wait."-I say.

He just looks at me and says:"They can wait, but your safety comes first."

After that the driver starts the engine.
________________________________________________

We were getting inside the building, but no one was inside.

"This way."-Domenico says and opens the door of one room.

When I go inside that room, I realize what it is:

"A shooting range? Why would you bring me at a shooting range?"-I ask confused.

"As I said your safety is important so you need to learn some things. I will always be there to protect you, but I can't let what happened repeat again. You need to learn how to defend yourself and learning how to shoot is one way to do it."-he explains.

"No. I'm sorry I can't do this. I wouldn't hurt anyone. I am not capable of doing what you do."-I say.

"Even if your life depended on it?"-he asks.-"You say you wouldn't do what I do, but what would happen if you were in your father's place in cosa nostra what would you do than?"

I give up, and well is kind of right. Maybe this is a right way to protect myself if you think about it.

"Okay, I will do it. I have already learned how to load a gun, but aiming the target is kind of difficult, besides I haven't done this in years."-I say.

"Don't worry I will be here to teach you everything you need to know, now show me what you got."-he says smiling.

I load the gun and shoot at the target, but the bullet goes in his leg, far away from where I want it to shoot it.

Domenico stands up and comes close to me:

"You do know how to load it, but you were right about aiming the target. Well that is difficult for everyone in the beginning luckily for you I'm here."-he says and after that he takes the gun and shoots the target three times in the head.

After he is finished, he reloads the gun and gives it to me. I direct the gun at the target and he comes closer to me, wraps one arm around my waist and with the other hand he helps me take a better aim.

That feeling I get when he touches me like that reappeared.

"Keep you both eyes opened and don't tremble when you shoot."-he says.

After that I pull the trigger shooting the target at the stomach this time.

"That wasn't so hard to do it now was it?"-he whispers in my ear making me shiver.

We kept practicing until I finally was able to shoot the target very good, without Domenico's help.

"I think that was enough for today."-Domenico says and we leave the shooting range.

We get outside and I was waiting for the driver to come pick us up. It was getting cold, I should have brought a jacket with me. I was shivering.

"Are you okay?"-Domenico asks.

"Yes, yes, just a little bit cold."-I say, my lips trembling.

After hearing that he takes off his jacket.

"Here, wear this. It will keep you warmer."-he says handing me his jacket.

"Thank you."-I say and wear it.
It was soft and even though it was a lot bigger than my size it was warming me up. The jacket smelled like his cologne and it felt great.

"Better?"-he asks.

"Much better."-I say and the driver comes.
********************************************

We were getting inside the house when Domenico tells me to come with him to his study.

He opens one of the draws on his deck and pulls out a gold gun with cravings.

"Here, take this, you don't have to keep it always with you, but you can use it when you see it necessary. Please don't argue with me, it is important for you to have this."-he says handing me over the gun.

"I won't argue, I just hope I won't have the chance to use it."-I say, and I really hoped so...