Chapter 25- Hope

Chapter 25- Hope

No matter what the capital will do us, I must stay strong, I can't let them win.

'Come on' I say 'lets get going, we must get Gale out of here'. 'Okay' replies mother. 'Ok so the first clue is deep in the meadow, what does that mean?' I ask. We think to ourselves, wondering what it could possibly mean. 'The meadow of primroses' I blurt out. 'Yes' Gale replies. We head off back in the direction of the meadow. We get our weapons ready in hand and refill our water bottles with lake water and 3 drops of the iodine. We are bound to meet others on the way, they are still trying to get to the lake.

As we are walking to the primrose meadow, we hear rustling. 'Whats that?' I whisper to mother. My heart is pounding out of my chest. I hear it again. I take a sharp look to my right and get my arrow ready in position. Suddenly, from behind me, someone jumps on me and digs a knife into my arm. I yelp with pain. Soon enough mother has him thrown off me and they are now both in the floor wrestling. I see Gale fighting another boy. I feel dizzy, I try to get up but I am falling in and out of consciousness. I try and call out for help.

And then everything goes black.

Katniss' POV

Willow, is she ok I think to myself. I grab a knife from my opponents pocket and drive it into his leg, it wasn't enough. He is strong, he has me trapped. I lie on the floor, my arms trapped by his. I stare straight into his dark brown eyes. Its Cirrus, one of the boy tributes from district 12. 'You don't have the guts to kill me' I say to him. I was right, he didn't act quick enough. Within seconds I have him thrown off me and a knife stuck straight threw his heart.

BOOM. There goes the cannon. I almost feel guilty for killing him.

I glance over to Gale 'he escaped' he said. 'Damn' I reply. Suddenly I remember Willow, my beautiful daughter. I run to her side, I see her arm has been wounded and blood is gushing out of it. I panic and rummage in my backpack for something to stop the bleeding. I tear off a section of my sleeve and wrap it tightly around her arm. 'Wake up Willow' I sob. 'She's ok' says Gale 'she'll wake up soon, she's just lost a lot of blood'. I almost cry with delight. I lay down next to her and put my hands through her soft brown hair. 'Im so proud of you' I whisper in her ear. She's gone through so much and she's only 12 years old. I must get her out of here, she's got so much more to live.

Gale... We must get him out of here. Then, we can win this and go back to being a family. Oh how I miss Peeta and my gorgeous little boy, Rye. I wonder how they are coping. It must be awful for them to watch us every day. The capital are cruel, imagine what life would be like without having to worry each year about the games, without being watched all the time or without having to work in the dangerous conditions of the mines. There is only one way to do that, to stop all this cruelty and that's to get rid of the games...

I've tried it once, but that failed, we were so close to really getting rid if it and then Ivy Snow was elected the president, the biggest mistake the districts made. We didn't know she was the presets granddaughter at the time so we're not to blame. Ever since the killing of Snow she has been threatening and punishing my family in all possible ways. I often think to myself why doesn't she just kill me? Then I realize, no that's just too easy and that wouldn't go down well with the districts, people admire me for what I have done, I fought for our country... And failed... I don't want to fail, I want to get rid of these godforsaken games, but I don't know if I can put my self through the emotional strain again... also, the consequences may be too severe for my family...

Has the mockingjays flame been quenched or is it still burning as bright as ever?

Willows POV