Chapter 11- Family Love

Katniss' POV

I am in the arena. I take in my surroundings, I only have 60 seconds. Shit, time is up, I run for the cornucopia. I lay my hands a bow and arrow and that's when I hear her scream 'KATNISS!'. It's Willow, I run for all I'm worth. Just as I reach the other side of the cornucopia I see Blythe from district 1 slit open her throat. Without hesitation I shoot him through his heart with an arrow. I run over to her... I am screaming... 'Willow, Willow, NOO! please don't die please!'

*pause*

'Mother, wake up your having a nightmare'. I grab Willow into a massive hug 'I'm so scared I'm going to lose you' I say. 'You won't' Willow replies 'We are going to win this'.

Willows POV

I try and calm down mother but she won't go back to sleep. We decide to get up and go down to the dining room. It's now 6AM. We order a hot Chocolate each and sit down on the sofa.

Half an hour later father and Rye come in. 'Nightmares?' He asks. 'Yes' says mother. He wraps his arms around her and we all cuddle on the sofa and fall asleep.

Soon afterwards Opal enters the room 'oh, what a beautiful family' she says and bursts into tears. I run over to her and give her a hug. 'Come on' I say 'lets eat'. We all sit at the table but no ones very hungry. 'This morning ye have a few hours to yourselves' Opal announces. I smile. 'Be back here at 12 sharp' she says. I nod and all four of us head up to the roof. I gasp as I see the view 'you can see the whole of the capital from here' I exclaim. 'Remember the first time I brought you up here Katniss' says father. 'Yes I do' she replies. Then they give each other a long passionate kiss. 'Mother!' Says Rye 'stop that'. 'Oh sorry' she chuckles. 'Right you two' says father 'let me show you the garden'. The garden is massive with many different colored plants. 'It's beautiful' I say.

We spend the next three hours out here just doing normal family stuff. It was nice. I will treasure this moment. We are soon interrupted by the clock striking 12AM. 'Oh time to go' says father. I moan. 'I want to stay here forever' I say. 'Me too' Rye replies. We head back down to the dining hall and eat a quick lunch. Then I am layed into the hands of my stylists Astonia, Magnolia and Camillus. I haven't seen them since the first day. They still look as batty as ever. Gauze was there also sitting in the corner. 'Hey' he says. He was completely out of it. His eyes were completely bloodshot. I see him sniff a piece of cloth. I run over to him shocked and grab the cloth out of his hand, 'what are you doing' I shout 'you are supposed to be our stylist, your not supposed to be taking drugs!'. I am furious. He just shrugs and grabs the peice of cloth back off me and leaves. He doesn't come back. I'm glad.

Over the next fews hours I am pulled and tugged at. They wax my legs, pluck my eyebrows, paint my nails, dye my eyelashes and fix my hair and make up. By the end of it I feel stiff and groggy, and I still have the interviews to go. My dress is put on and I slip into my heels. I look at myself in a mirror and I am shocked at what I see. 'Is this me' I say. I have been completely transformed, I actually look kind of pretty. 'Oh you look lovely' says Camillus. 'Gorgeous, splendid, beautiful' they all chant. 'Oh thank you' I say giving them all a hug in turn. Opal then leads me backstage. Some tributes have already arrived. I sit and wait for mother to arrive.

Several minutes later the most beautiful woman walks in, it's mother. 'Oh mother you look stunning' I say. 'So do you' she replies. She is wearing her best red dress that she wore for the reaping. In walks Gale and he looks as handsome as ever. He is wearing a suit with a stoney effect. Izak looks just like a mini Gale.

Soon afterwards I hear the audience cheer as Carter Twombey takes the stage. His hair is a lime green this year and he is wearing a dark blue suit.