You'll Be The Prince And I'll Be The Princess... Chapter12

Chapter 12

We returned to school on Monday and everybody is staring at me when I got out of the bus. I just ignored them and went to my locker. Victoria and her daughters weren't worried when I was kidnapped. Maybe they even jumped up and down when they heard the news. At lunch, Justin sat by his friends while I sat with Mitchie.

"What exactly happened besides Zac and the kidnapper beating up each other?" Mitchie said.

"Where should I begin?" I asked.

"Start from the moment you realized you're kidnapped."

I started telling her what happened after the moment I woke up then she started giggling when I mentioned that Zac and I were about to kiss. Then I got to the moment when the man in suit is telling me about my parents and why I thought he's Victoria's husband. I finished after telling her about the beating up.

"Really? Your mom and dad are rich? And they're alive?" Mitchie said.

"That's what the guy said," I said.

"Wow."

I looked around the cafeteria but Zac isn't here today. Maybe he's resting at his house since he's injured.

"Hey Juliana," a guy's voice said. Expecting to see a dark-brown hair and blue eyes, I turned to see a dark hair and brown eyes, instead.

"Hey Mike," I said, slightly disappointed. "What's up?"

"My brother will be having a party at our house. You two coming?" Mike said.

I'm not the type who likes to go to parties but maybe I could go. Before I could answer him, Mitchie did.

"Sure, we're coming," Mitchie said.

"Okay, so I guess I'll see you there later at seven," he said.

"Yeah, thanks for inviting us over," I said.

"No problem." He grinned.

Later at seven...

We walked through the gate and heard the music blasting through the speakers. Their house is huge. There's a swimming pool at the middle of the lawn and on the other side, there were people dancing. As Mitchie and I passed some couple making out, we went at the porch and sat there and watched the people. We might be boring but it's the best we can do.

"Hey, I thought you wouldn't come," I heard someone say behind us.

We turned.

"Hey Mike," I said.

"I saw Gristella and Amber here a while ago," he said.

"Yeah, I know they're here," I said. The truth is, I just sneaked out of the house while everybody is gone. Justin is doing homework in his classmate's house. Victoria is on her vacation. Gristella and Amber didn't know that I'm here. They shouldn't see me or they'll tell Victoria.

"Hey, I'm just going to talk with my boyfriend," Mitchie said and stood up.

"You have a boyfriend?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah," she said then winked at me. Oh shit. She just wanted me to be left with Mike.

"She's joking, isn't she?" I said.

"No, she looked serious," he said, sitting next to me.

"Oh well," I said and shrugged.

"So, do you know why Zac is absent?" he asked me. Why is he asking me if he's Zac's bestfriend?

"No, I don't," I said.

"Oh, I'm just hoping if you knew," he said.

"I'm not his bestfriend."

"But you're his girlfriend."

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"What?" he said.

"I'm not his girlfriend or anything. He already had Hannah, remember?"

"Oh," he said, looking away. "Well, about that. I have something to tell you."

"Yeah?" I said, not really paying attention. Then I saw Gristella. "Oh no, Gristella!" I said

"Come on," he said and pulled my hand as we walk to the back of the house which is surprisingly quiet. There were plants everywhere.

"Whose garden is this?" I asked.

"My sister's," he said.

"She's fond of them?"

"Yeah, sort of."

"Oh. So what do you want to tell me?" I said, looking at the plants.

Then he suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"Mike?" I asked. "What's wrong?" I can feel my cheeks burning.

"Juliana, have you ever thought of me more than a friend?" he said.

"Sometimes but-"

"But what? I like you, Juliana. I like everything about you. If you'll give me a chance, I might show you how much I love you," he said, hugging me closer.

What should I do? Should I say yes? Or should I refuse? If we'll be together, I'm not sure if I could even spend time with him because I'll be looking for my parents, even though they're gone. But I don't have any proof that they're gone. I didn't see their cremation. What is more important? My parents or the boy I used to like?

"Mike, I'm sorry. I like you...as a friend, I always do. But I found out that my parents are still alive and I should look for them. But I'm so grateful to have a friend like you. You're a perfect guy, Mike. But please remember that I'll always like you," I said, pulling away from him.

"Why?" he said.

"My parents are more important than my happiness, Mike," I said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Mike. I'm just not the right one for you because I chose my family over you. You may think that you like me but if you'll take a closer look at the other girls out there, you'll find the perfect girl for you." I grinned but it didn't reach my eyes.

"You're still my friend, right?"

"Sure, Mike. You're always my friend," I said.

"Friend," he repeated.

"Yes."

"But in case you changed your mind, I'll always be here." He grinned but he still looked sad.

"I'll remember that." Then I tiptoed to whisper in his ear, "Trust me, the first girl that you'll see after I leave is the right one for you" and I kissed him on the cheek. I walked out of the garden and I waved goodbye at him.

I used to like him and this is just the moment I've been waiting for these past few years but I wasted it. I'm not ready to be called a 'girlfriend' yet. I don't want to increase the number of my problems.

I met Mitchie right outside the garden.

"Hey, I've been looking for you," Mitchie said.

"I just looked at their garden," I said.

"Really?" she said then turned her head over her shoulder like she's looking for something.

"Yeah, but let's go home," I said as we walked out of the gates of Mike's house.

By Marie Faloon