You'll Be The Prince And I'll Be The Princess... Chapter6

Chapter 6

It's Monday and we went to school. Victoria and her daughters returned last night. I tried to avoid them that night or they'll ask me to do something. I was busy with my locker when Mitchie came up to me.

"So, what happened?" she said, grinning.

Uh-oh, I forgot to tell her that Mike asked me out. But maybe she knows already. I can't hide anything from her. "Well, Mike asked me out last Friday."

"You're together now?" she asked, curiosity on her eyes.

"No, he just asked me out for dinner, that's all," I said. I pretended to be busy with my stuff.

"Nothing happened?"

"Well..." I leaned and whispered to her ear. "...he leaned until his face was an inch apart from mine when Justin called me."

"Crap, that was so close! He was about to kiss you!" she whispered loudly.

"Yeah, on the cheek," I muttered.

"Well, good thing Justin interrupted."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on, I think Zac is way better than him!" she said.

"What the heck? How did Zac went into this conversation?" I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Are you that blind? Didn't you figure out why Zac always annoys you? He likes you!'

"Why would he?" That never came into my mind before. But that's impossible. Zac and I hate each other.

"Ugh, didn't you know that Zac always stares at you when you're not looking? I could see it from the corner of my eye...right now."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He's looking at you!"

I turned my head and caught Zac looking at me. "Where are you looking at?" I said.

"You have something on your face," he said and walked away.

"See? He's just trying to annoy me," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she muttered.

The bell rang and we went to our first period. I sat at my usual seat and Mitchie sat at the seat next to me. Mr. Reed, the teacher, walked in and stood by his table.

*******************************************************

At lunch...

"Wow, I'm so excited for the field trip!" Mitchie said sarcastically. Mr. Reed announced that there'll be a field trip this coming Friday. I honestly don't know whether I'm gonna be excited or something.

"At least, we don't have classes," I muttered.

"But lots of lectures. I don't want to be in a museum the whole day," she said.

"It's better than being in my house. It makes me so sick."

"Your situation is different from mine," Mitchie said.

I just sighed. I don't really feel like going to the field trip. I've got a bad feeling about it like something terrible might happen.