What Came Through the Window (14)

Ashley's P.O.V-

Why couldn't it have been Mr. Grim Reaper, coming to tell me how awful of a person I was and how I was such a bitch who had a stick up her ass all the time. All those times I annoyed my brothers and my friends, teasing a few others. God, how much did I do over the course of eighteen years?

I didn't mean to stick my gum in Mary's hair; wait, yes I did. She was a snobby little brat and she was only seven. Hm, what else? Oh yeah, lied to my parents and went to a keg when I was fourteen, yikes. I cut off Jessica's ponytail in fifth grade with my scissors, put a tack on this boys chair in seventh grade. Jesus Christ, I was a bad kid, no wonder I was always in the principals office. I had problems even as a child, no wonder I'm so messed up.

I glued a boy to his desk, got my gym teacher fired, lied about accidentally burning the gym down, blaming it on our gym teacher... I also stole my moms car and took it for a joy ride when I was fifteen with all my friends.... Come at me Mr. Grim Reaper, tear me to shreads now, I'm waiting for my punishment.

Maybe Mr. Reaper could have came through the window and just swiped the whole bottom half of my body off, then shazam, I'm dead. Quick and unpainful, but of course, it was much worse then that.

I wanted to slap that damn cheeky smile off that kids face, along with those adorable dimples. That seductive face, BAM, I could smack it off in an instant. But I wasn't going to hit him if it wasn't necessary. He stared at me with those electric green eyes, he wanted something or someone, by the way he looked at me.... Just what it was puzzled me until it finally clicked.

Me.

"Ashley, I'll come back later to talk, okay babes?" Niall called through the door. I completely forgot about him, whoops.

"Harry get out of my room." I said sternly after Niall's footsteps faded. Harry stayed silent and only stepped forward, getting closer to me. We had such a love-hate relationship, it wasn't even funny anymore.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, right between my eyes, in frustration. I had such an urge to kiss him, to do a lot of things with him that I won't mention, but I had to remember about Niall. I like Harry, but I love Niall. God, and then there's Zayn, I'm back to square one all over again.

"I only came up here, risking my own life climbing through the window, to tell you that I'm sorry and I won't try and take you from Niall. I can't tell you my feelings with stop, but I will try and control myself. You are just one of the fittest girls I have ever met," Harry spoke softly. "But I'll tell myself no next time I have an urge to kiss you, like now." He padded over to the window and climbed out, shimmying his body down a drain pipe.

I ran over to the window and leaned over to see Harry looking up at me, giving me that breath taking smile and two thumbs up. He was fine, phew. I quickly scurried to the door, about to unlock it when I stopped myself.

I felt strange. Was I upset by what Harry said? He will try to stop himself from flirting with me and taking me from Niall.... Why do I feel this way? Maybe I'm just getting sick, a bug or a cold, no biggy.

I turned on my heel and went to my suit case and pulled out a simple dress. After stripping out of my old clothes, I changed into a polka dot bikini then slipped into my pink dress. I scurried down the stairs and entered the living room awkwardly.

"Hi guys," I said softly, smiling and waving to everyone. "You must be Danielle and Eleanor," I spoke softly as the girls both got up and greeted me with a hug.

"And you must be Ashley," they both spoke, wrapping their arms around me. I smiled, happy to not be the only female in the house now.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, sorry I kinda ran off when I got here...." I blushed as I spoke, embarrassed how I acted like such a bitch earlier today. "Well, I'm going for a swim if anyone would like to join," I said, directing it to everyone. I smiled and jogged out of the room and onto the porch where I slipped off my dress and ran towards the water in my strapless pink and white polka-dot bikini.

Niall's P.O.V

"Damn Niall, you sure got one fit bird," Danielle joked around as she sat, curled up into Liam's arms. There was a light laughter that filled the room.

"Niall, don't let her go. She is pretty, nice, adorable, blonde and blue eyes like you, and from what I've been told, is funny like you and has an appetite. Also, can be a real bitch, which is always good, you don't want a weak girlfriend," Eleanor added, smiling widely as she sat on Louis's lap. Louis was biting her arm gently as she spoke.

"You smell like carrots, lovey," he spoke, nibbling her arm once more. She laughed and pushed him playfully.

"Good, I'm glad you noticed my carrot juice perfume that I got just for you, Harry lent me some of his," Eleanor said smiling.

They began whispering things to each other, little lovey-dovey things. So did Danielle and Liam. They were both so in love, why can't I have that? Wait, I could have that but I pushed it away.

I stretched my neck up so I could see out of the window. A small smile appeared on my face as I caught a glimpse of Ashley getting hit by a wave. I quickly got up out of my leather seat and smiled at everyone, well except Harry and Zayn.

I winked at Eleanor and Danielle and jogged outside and down the beach, all the way to the shore line where the water crashed against the sand. I stood about ankle deep in the water, just observing Ashley in the water. Thinking about her made me smile, and watching her get pummeled by waves was even better.

I blew my cover when I let out a loud laugh after a wave crashed right into her body, causing her to get sucked under then quickly come back up disoriented.

Ashley's P.O.V

The last thing I remembered was hearing that cute, boyish laugh and a wave of water to my face, tackling me into the water. As I came up, I smiled and waved at Niall, hoping he would get over what had happened earlier. I was still a little drunk as I realized I was stumbling over my own feet as I tried to get out of the clear water.

As I was right in front of Niall, a tiny wave made me lose my footing and I fell onto his body, causing him to tip over onto his back with me on top. We both laughed as I brushed a few strands of hair out of his eyes, smiling down at him.

"Niall, I love you, always remember that." I whispered, trying to blink back tears once again. Why the fuck am I so damn emotional all of a sudden?

Niall didn't have to respond to me to figure out what his answer was. He made it pretty clear when he pulled my face down and kissed me, waves climbing up our bodies as the tide kept coming in, but a little water didn't hurt us.

I gently placed my hands on his cheeks, his lips moving in a perfect rhythm with mine. After the water was reaching up to his stomach, slowly making its way higher up the shore, we both got up and ran to the dry sand. Niall slipped his shirt over his head and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to his body.

Our lips inched closer and closer together, right when the first water balloon was released, pelting us on our sides with the water ball. We both whipped our heads around to find everyone on the porch with four large, plastic bins filled with them.

The strange thing was, all the boys were in their underwear. Louis had on superman briefs that hugged his thighs. Liam had on a pair with Niall's face on it, Zayn had one with his face on the ass, and Harry had on a golden thong.

"For Narnia!" Louis shouted, his hands with water balloons in them. He shot the balloon threw the air, hitting Niall in the back as we tried to retreat.

After we found shelter by a neighboring rock, we layed on our stomachs, breathing heavy and laughing. My hand was wrapped tightly in his, as if I were holding on for dear life.

"Let me take you out to dinner tonight, to make up for this morning," Niall whispered. Before I could open my mouth, Louis stood right next to us grinning.

"Tisk tisk tisk," he said, shaking his head. He smiled and gave a cue to Harry and Zayn who dumped a bin full of water on us from over the large rock, soaking us with the cascading ocean water.

"I'd love to," I whispered as we got up, drenched with water and joined in on the water balloon fight. Niall had to strip down into his underwear, which were a bright, cherry red color. I laughed as they all ran around, pelting one another with balloons as Eleanor, Danielle, and myself sat on the sidelines and watched until getting dragged into the fun and festivities.