The Start of a New Beginning (29)

Ashley's P.O.V-

Now was not the time to be getting insecure. While I stood there in my tight, form fitting dress, I was speechless. What if I said the wrong thing? But I want to answer truthfully and not lie, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did that. 

You have no idea how many thoughts are racing through my mind at the moment. I literally feel as if you could see my temples and wrists pulsating, it was that bad. Girl problems at the moment, well, American people problems.

After finally calming my racing thoughts down, all that was in my head was Same Mistakes and Moments, all mashed into one. This moment really counted, but if I screwed up, I'd be making the biggest mistake of my life.

My brain, my heart, and my gut are all trying to run in different directions, trying to tell me one thing. But what I really needed was for them to go one direction. Ha, puns. Just, God, I wish someone knew what I was going through at this exact moment.

I was being an awful person, just standing there like a retard, my mouth open, speechless. His blue eyes were searching my face for something. An answer maybe? They must be, even though it was just a few seconds after. It was even worse they were looking up at me, so I could see the glassiness in them, warning me that tears would be coming soon.

But let's go back a few hours, right about when Niall and I got home and we were all getting ready to go out. That might help a bit, so I could rethink things for a bit, cool down and calm my racing thoughts, maybe something will put them to a halt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God, that was so fucking awkward. Why did I bother to stop the car? Why did I even bring up the note and box... I'm an idiot. Next time, I'll just keep my big mouth shut. Maybe I'll-

"You're looking fit," Harry said as he walked into my room, just as I was admiring myself in the mirror, thinking about Niall.

I turned on my bare heel to face Harry instead of talk to him through the reflection in the mirror, I don't want to be distant. "Thanks. You look handsome," I said, smiling and adjusting his dark colored bow tie, it was a deep, royal blue.

"Niall is gonna love that dress, but Lou will the most. He loves red," Harry winked, looking at himself in the mirror. His hand went to his curls, fixing his sex hair. Yes, that boy had sex hair, and it was very sexy sex hair. I love the word sex. Ha.

"Well, Louis is gonna need to keep his hands off. I'm all Niall's," I grinned, standing next to Harry in the mirror, admiring both of our reflections.

"Especially after tonight," Harry winked, but quickly his face went blank and turned pale, a very ghostly white color. I furrowed my brow and turned to him.

"Wha-"

"Coming Liam!" Harry shouted, running out of my room, causing me more confusion. My eyes rolled, I had an annoyed look on my face.

After I put my face on, my make-up, and did my hair, I scampered out of my room quickly, my bare feet padding against the carpet. All the boys were gathered around the kitchen table. Louis quickly hushed all the boys when he saw me coming down the hall. This is really starting to piss me off, what's going on?

"Are you guys ready?" I asked. Louis got up and rushed over to me, draping his arm around my bare shoulder.

"You look fit," Louis grinned, giving me a wink.

I rolled my eyes and slumped out from under his shoulder and hurried over to the fridge. My eyes scanned the contents inside, searching for a drink. Nothing. A sigh escaped my lips and I just grabbed a water bottle instead.