Priceless (27)

Ashley's P.O.V-

Liam kept his eyes locked on me while mine were pathetically staring at the table. I didn't have the guts to look him in the eye at the moment. My hands were cupped around the warm sides of my tea cup that was painted with pale pink polka dots.

We were sitting in a cute little café a few blocks away from our hotel, so it was a pretty good walk there; especially in the snow. Our table was set up right next to the burning fireplace, the fire kept lapping at the crackling and smoking logs. It gave me a homey scent, the aroma wafting at my nostrils.

"Okay, Ashley. Tell me, there is obviously something wrong," Liam said, finally breaking our silence. The café was completely deserted, so fans were not a problem at the moment. My hand fumbled with a piece of stray hair that fell from my messy bun, brushing it behind my ear securely. I quickly glanced up at Liam whose gaze was still locked in on me.

After letting out a sigh and taking a quick swig of my tea, I opened my mouth, but quickly pursed my lips, unable to find the right words. My hands slid into my pockets, grasping the orange capsules and placing them on the table in front of Liam. When I was finally done pulling them out, there were a total of 5 of them on the table. The way Liam looked at me when I finally got the courage to look at him, I could tell he was upset, but he was trying to cover it up.

"Ashley," he whispered, his hands releasing his mug and grasping the small pill bottles, reading labels and setting them down to read another.

"You're disappointed in me." My voice was barely a whisper, but I knew Liam had heard it. His face showed pain, like it hurt him to see the bottles and to see me like this, my true self.

"No, I'm not. I just wish you came to me earlier so I could have helped you," Lian replied calmly, his soft voice soothing me. He reached his hand out for mine, both of them actually, and held them tightly. "Now tell me, what are these for?"

"Depression, anxiety, ADHD, stress, sleeping pills," I began, my voice getting smaller and smaller as I started to end my answer. The ADHD pills aren't really a problem, the other 3 are though. Liam nodded and began rubbing his thumb back and forth against my skin comfortingly.

"Well, it'll be okay and I promise you we will get through it together. Don't be ashamed, you don't have to tell the other boys, it can be our secret if you like. I'm going to help you, and remember, I'm always here for you. You can tell me anything, you don't need to wait," he went on. He was a better parent then my real ones would ever be.

I nodded and gave Liam a faint smile before quickly swiping all the pill bottles back into my pockets, stuffing them in securely. They were like my security blanket, just like the boys. I can't like without my boys and my medicine.

"I'm not a drug addict, right?" I blurted out. I don't know that kind of shit. Isn't that with cocaine and weed? I don't think I am, I'm just stupid enough to ask that. When Liam shook his head, I could tell he was hiding back a smirk, but so was I.

"Wanna get going?" he asked after just sitting there, holding hands and drinking our tea by the fire place. It was nice and peaceful, and a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders now that I told someone. I gave a small nod and pushed my tea cup back, as did Liam and we both exited swiftly. I wrapped my scarf around my neck to hide my bare skin from the tingling air.

"I don't want to go back yet. Do you mind if I head off to do something?" I asked, turning to face Liam while our feet crunched over the snow.

"I'll go with you," he grinned, and I nodded. I don't mind if he comes. I thought I was going to get Niall a little present, but I honestly don't know what I'm doing, I just don't want to go back right away to the hotel.