Chapter 50

*time skip to April*

I sit up in bed and look at my phone. 10:32, April 9. Exactly 2 years since Kristen and Dave left me at the orphanage.

I remember that day vividly.

Flashback

We stop in front of a big building. Mom grabs my arm and pulls me out of the car. She drags me into the building and lets go of my arm when we reach an office with a lady sitting at it. Then she leaves me there.

"Sweetie, what's your name? My name is Miss Parker."

"I'm Abigail Winters. Where am I?"

"You're at an orphanage."

"Why am I at an orphanage?"

Miss Parker looked at me sadly.

"Honey, your parents decided to leave you here."

"For how long?"

"Until someone comes to adopt you."

I look at Miss Parker confused and sad. I've always wanted to get away from Mom and dad, but now I don't know what I want.

Miss Parker leads me to my room and introduces me to my roommates: Asia, Clove, and Jasmine. She tells them to welcome me here and make me feel at home.

End of flashback

I shudder and let a tear escape thinking about that first day. Asia, Clove, and Jasmine. Those were the 3 girls I spent an entire year with. They were the worst. Even on that first day.

Flashback

As soon as Miss Parker left, the girls lost the smiles on their faces.

"Ok, a few rules around here. One, I'm in charge. I'm the oldest so you listen to me like Asia and Clove. Two, don't disobey me. If you make me mad, I not hesitate to hurt you. And three, you don't tell Miss Parker how I treat you." Jasmine says.

I nod and hope Jasmine won't be as bad as mom and dad were.

End of flashback

I can remember being confused why Kristen and Dave wanted to get rid of me. I remember thinking I'd always be with them as they play toy. They used to be my parents and even though they abused me, I used to think I was supposed to stay with them forever. I can also remember almost wanting to go back to them some days. It took me a long to time to realize that my life was better at the orphanage, it wasn't good, but it was better.

I can remember a year ago when I met Fall Out Boy for the first time. I let out laugh remembering how I thought I'd never see them again. I still have the things they signed and the pictures we took. It was a good day. It may had been the one year anniversary of Kristen and Dave leaving me, but it was also probably the best day of my life at that point.

*the next day*

Today is the one year anniversary of the best day ever:

The day Fall Out Boy adopted me.