Chapter 44

"Abby!" I hear from downstairs. I stop watching Dan and Phil to go see who wants me.

"What?" I ask when I get down there.

"We need to start your school." Dad says.

I go slightly pale and say, "do I really have to?"

"Yes. I know you really don't want to, but you need to."

I sigh. "When you I start?"

"I was thinking today."

After a bit of bickering, dad and Andy convince me to start my education today. They review the basics with me and then we call it a day. They tell me that I'm going to learning everyday. When I ask if I'll have to get up early, dad scoffs and says my schooling won't begin each day until like 10 or 11.

The next few days go the same, I get up, school, lunch, school, then I'm able to do whatever I want.

It's finally the weekend and I wake up early. That was the first sign of the apocalypse. Me waking up before 9:00am. But it's not the apocalypse.

I wake up and immediately run to the bathroom to throw up. I rub my head and realize I have a headache so I go back to bed feeling nauseous. I try to go back to sleep but it's no use. Every time I'm almost asleep, I need to vomit again and run to the bathroom.

On the fifth time I'm throwing up, I hear a knock on my door.

"Abby, you okay in there?" Andy's voice says.

"Ye-" I'm cut off my another stream of vomit flowing out of my mouth. "No." I say with defeat.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah."

Andy comes in and sees me kneeling at the toilet.

"I'd ask how you're feeling, but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer."

I give him a weak smile then turn back to the toilet as I throw up again. I wipe my mouth then go back to my bed and pull the covers over my head. Andy leaves and then dad brings up some chicken noodle soup.

"It's a family recipe. And don't worry, I didn't make it. If I did, the house probably would've burned down!" Dad says with a light chuckle.

I thank him and eat it in bed. I spend the entire day in bed, eating, sleeping, and throwing up. I go to sleep eventually but have an almost sleepless night because of the nausea.

The next few days are similar, but soon the vomiting goes down and it's usually just in the morning. I'm usually tired and sore for no reason and every morning I wake up needing to throw up. So yeah, my last week has been great.

On the eighth day, dad finally decides to take me to the doctor.

"Hello Mr. Stump and Abigail. I'm Dr. Steven. So, tell me what's been going on." I look at dad and he takes over.

"Abby's been vomiting for the last week, especially in the morning. She's been having trouble sleeping at night, but she's always tired, and has been pretty sore."

"Ok. I'm assuming the soreness is from the broken ankle. But the tiredness and vomiting could be from a pregnancy. Is there anyway you could be pregnant?"

"Well-"

"No! There's no way she could be pregnant!" Dad says cutting me off. I try to speak again but dad cuts me off saying there's no way I could even possibly be pregnant.

"I understand, but I just want to make sure. I want to have Abby take a pregnancy test."

"But-"

"I doubt that's what it is, but I just need to make sure."

Dad slumps back in his chair and I take a pregnancy test. The doctor leaves the room for a minute then comes back with the results.

"The test came back positive."

"WHAT?! ABBY! DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL ME?!"

"It wa-"

"YOU KNOW WHAT, NEVERMIND. WE'LL DISCUSS THIS AT HOME. WE'RE LEAVING NOW!" Dad takes my arm and literally drags me out of the doctors office.

"Sir, you need to calm down. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! THIS DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU!" Dad swearing is what made me scared, he's never angry or swears.

We get in the car and ride home in silence. When we get home, I try to sneak upstairs, but dad stops me and calls me back down.

"Are you going to explain that?" Dad says angrily.

"Dad!" I say desperately.

"Is that what you were doing that day we left you at home?!"

"No dad! Listen to me!"

"What's going on?!" Pete says stopping the yelling.

"Abigail, is pregnant!"

"WHAT!?" Joe and Pete yell glaring at me. The only person not mad at me, was Andy.

"It's not what you think!"

"You're grounded! Go to your room."

I sulk as I go to my room and lock the door. I blast My Chemical Romance and cry. I only stop when I hear someone knocking on the door.

"Go away!" I yell.

"Abby." A calm voice says. "It's Andy, please let me in."

I reluctantly get up and let him in.

"Before you yell at me, please let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain. I know you didn't do anything wrong. It was Dave." Andy was right, it was all that monster's fault. I just wish the guys understood that. "I've already calmed the guys down and told them. When they realized their mistake, they felt really bad and they still do. Can you come downstairs with me and we can all have dinner together?"

I agree and go down with Andy. Downstairs, dad, Pete, and Joe are all sitting in the living room obviously feeling bad.

"Abby, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot about that. I cannot even express how bad I feel. I was caught up in the moment and freaked out on you. Can you forgive me?" Dad says offering me a hug.

I walk over to him and forgive him as well as Pete and Joe. We decide to have dinner then I go bed early because dad says I have school again in the morning.

Hey I just wanted to tell you I put another story up. It's called The Fedora and it's something I wrote for school but it's also a Ryden fanfic. So check that out!