Chapter 23

We were almost all in the tent, but we were waiting for Pete since he went to get snacks.

"I got smores!" I opened the tent to see Pete holding graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. I ran out of the tent to help him set up a fire. After burning my finger and nearly setting the yard on fire, we finally had the fire pit going.

We all circled around it and put marshmallows on sticks to roast. We sing songs and eat smores.

"Let's tell scary stories!" I suggest.

"Yeah!" Pete agrees and starts talking. "There once was a young boy who was wandering through a forest at night. He got lost in that forest. He lived in the forest, eating only wild berries and stream water. Then, one night, he was walking back to his makeshift home in a tree when he spotted a person. 'Hey! Excuse me! Can you help me?' He said running towards the figure. As he neared it, the so called person vanished right in front of him. Being scared out of his wits, he sprinted back to his tree and up to where he slept. He looked out in the forest and saw the figure again, this time joined by another. This one has a hook for a hand. The boy stared at his hook-hand, and wondered why he had it. Both figures slowly moved forward chanting a strange spell. The boy hugged his knees. The hook-handed figure raised his hook and yelled the last part of the spell. His hook disappeared and the boy looked around nervously. Suddenly, to his left, the hook appeared. The boy screamed and the hook found it's way into the boy's neck, killing him. To this day, the figures and boy still haunt the forest. Although, the forest was cut down to make room for housing, and they haunt the land the forest used to be on. That land, is located in this neighborhood."

We continued to tell stories, including one that almost made Pete cry, since it was more sad than scary. Later we went back into the tent and made shadow puppets. We got tired, so we went to bed.

*in the morning*

"Dang, she's sleeping later than you Trick." Pete whispered.

"Yeah, let's wake her!"

"AHHHHH!" They dumped water on me. "That wasn't nice!" I yell.

"That's what you get for sleeping in until 4!" Dad yells back laughing.

"What!! It's already 4!?"

"Yup! The sun is literally gonna set in a few hours!" Dad says between laughs.

"Holy smokes!" I say laughing.

I go inside and dry off. During that time, I'm planning my revenge on them for dumping water on me.

I go to dad's room and run around finding all his fedoras and taking them to their junk room and hiding them. Then I fill a bunch of water balloons and stuff them in his pillows. Finally, I fill up a bucket of water and valence it on top of his door.

"Abby! Come here!" Pete yells from downstairs. 

I run down and see Timber sitting on couch with a grumpy Pete standing behind him. There's mud all over the floor and Pete appears to have tried to stop Timber from getting it everywhere, and in the end getting it all over him.

"Hey Uncle Pete! There seems to be a little something on your nose!" I say trying to play it cool.

"Your dog got mud everywhere." He says with a straight face.

"Yaaaaaaaa...how'd that happen?"

"I don't know. But someone needs to clean it up!"

"Riiiight. But where did the mud even come from? It hasn't rained recently." I say figuring out where it come from. Pete's face got red and realized it too.

"I-I don't know. Must've, uh, found a puddle or something."

"Riiiiiight. It definitely isn't from the puddle you and dad made by dumping water me though."

"Yeah. Why don't you go help Patrick put tent away. While I um clean this up."

"Ok!" I run off laughing to help dad.

I help him out the tent away then go inside to see Pete cleaned the house and Timber up. Andy also had made dinner. After dinner we all watched Supernatural together then I got ready for bed. Dad was really tired and walked into his room and screamed.

"What the heck! Abby! Did you do this!" I run to his room laughing as he stood in the doorway soaking wet. Joe walked over and laughed too when he saw dad. Dad grumbled something and went to the bathroom to change his clothes. I stood behind the door waiting for him to get into bed.

When he finally did, he plopped down on his pillow and screamed again. "ABIGAIL STUMP!" I came out from behind the door laughing and Pete ran in to see what the commotion was all about. Dad sat on his wet bed pouting.

"That's revenge for waking me with water!" I go to my room, still laughing and go on my phone. Until midnight.

*Patrick's POV*

I can't believe Abby did that. Yeah it was funny, but not to me!

"Hey Trick, you might want to dry off." I forgot Pete was still in the room. I sigh and get up to change again. I don't bother going to the bathroom, I mean, me and Pete are best friends! I feel him staring at me and wiggle my butt a little. Pete laughs and so do I.

"Hey Pete, can I sleep with you tonight?"

"What?"

"Since my bed is all wet?" His expression changes and agrees. He has the dirtiest mind. I just need to spend the night there tonight so my sheets can dry!

We go to bed together and lay down. I notice I'm kinda close so I move away a bit. His breathing evens out and he's asleep. I stay awake longer and stare at his muscular back. I'm so lucky to have him as my best friend, even when I was depressed, he stayed with me and helped me get better. Now I couldn't be any happier. Fall Out Boy is off hiatus, we all share a house, I adopted Abby, we're going on tour with Panic! At The Disco and twenty øne piløts. My life is great. The only thing that could make it better is...